• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Clinton lake tomorrow!!!!!!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
1st outing of the season tomorrow, we are going to Clinton lake in the morning, should be pretty nice. We are taking the tube since the water should be around 75 degrees :-) anyone else in the central Illinois area care to join we will be putting in at the Clinton marina, feel free to come on out.

We are going on the Mississippi this weekend with 6 other Yammies, wish we could join ya. Get that thing running good for Shelbyville!!

We are going on the Mississippi this weekend with 6 other Yammies, wish we could join ya. Get that thing running good for Shelbyville!!
Have a great weekend!!! We should be good to go... Looking foward to shelbyville!!!

Awesome. Summer is coming. Wednesday the forecast is to hit 99 degrees. Great boating weather.

I don't think the water is any where close to 75 here yet. Have fun , supposed to rain here .

I don't think the water is any where close to 75 here yet. Have fun , supposed to rain here .
It's a cooling lake for a power plant, should be pretty warm by now...

Well the day went awesome!!!! Nice weather, boat ran fantastic... Saw 52 on the speedo, didn't want to push it too hard... A little sunburn what could be better.... We saw a sea-doo he said he was on here mostly in the sea-doo section..

@JC6275 ,
I've been looking at trying to make either an early or late season run to Clinton, specifically because it is a powerplant lake and warms faster than the other lakes, can you give us a mini-review/likes/dislikes, perceptions, launching facilities of the lake? I for one would be interested in hearing a first hand report.

@trace, we really like Clinton lake. It is kinda in the middle of nowhere, which is a good thing in my opinion. We launch at Clinton lake marina it has nice launch ramps with 4 lanes, and restrooms rite at the launch, the marina store seems to be pretty well stocked, there is also a diner / bar inside the marina store building, the lake can get pretty choppy with wind and when it is really busy. One good thing is there are quite a few little coves where you can pull in and drop anchor an just hang out. There are also a a few other public launches around the lake. It is a pretty good size lake so you can get away from the traffic to pull tubes or ski. The water was fantastic yesterday I would guess 70 to 75 degrees where we dropped anchor to swim, it is cooler out in the main body so even in the summer you can usually find a temp that makes everyone happy, the warmth does make it great for early and late season outings.. I would advise you to fuel up the boat, tow vehicle, and fuel for your stomach within a reasonable distance prior to getting to the lake, as I said there is not a lot around "we come from the east" not sure what is west or south.. All in all it is a Great Lake to have fun on, The biggest down side for me is its not closer to me, but its only two hours so still not bad. If it was within an hour I don't think we would go anywhere else

JC are there any date restrictions on the lake for boating, like nothing allowed here here or here between October and April?

@trace I don't think there are any restrictions, I called the marina very early in the year. "Last week of April if I remember correctly" the guy there said the only time the lake and marina close are if the lake freezes over, he said he can't remember that ever happening. We are going to try to get down there a few more times as well....

What's the lake temp near the nuke?

We were there over labor day, and the hottest we found was 94 degrees, they have a pretty big perimeter around the intake and discharge points so you can't get real close. But coming in on the road you cross over a discharge and it is always steaming a bunch. I don't think I would want to get that close. It would be like a giant slow roaster..LOL

Hmmm...that's the temperature I like the best. But I suppose there are some AR15's on the security towers so I'll settle for something lower.

Back