• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra Jet Steering end of year members only sale

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This sale is for members of this web site only! Its subject to end with a 24 hour notice.
This offer is not valid with other discounts or offers.
COBRA VENOM ULTIMATE STEERING, The Most versatile steering system available for your Yamaha jet boats , Spring loaded, aircraft aluminum, Full time steering enhancement, part time steering enhancement , Adjustable effect and Upgradeable to accept the new MEGA FANGS.
Works on all Yamaha non rudder twin engine boats and the single engine boats with rudders or non rudders, " note the 19 foot rudder models can not upgrade their system to accept the mega fangs all other 19 foot models can add those if they choose".
This sale applies to the steering systems ONLY all upgrades are excluded including the ez locks. However the regular military and first responder discounts will apply to those products as usual for those who qualify.

Next is the MAGNUM A K system for all twin engine Yamaha jet boats with factory rudders, this aircraft aluminum, adjustable system also includes the all stainless steel second tie rod kit to balance out your factory steering system.
This system can use either the single A K fangs or the new Mega Fang upgrades, the same rule applies to this system ,Upgrades are not included and military or first responder discounts do apply if you qualify.

Next is the entire VIPER lineup This system works on all single engine 19 foot boats, it is built of aircraft aluminum , with the fangs already built in and a planning surface between the fins, same rules apply as the previous systems listed.

The discount for this sale will be 20 percent off list price with free shipping in the U S A. To take advantage of this sale you must send me a private message on this web site. I will also need your boat model and year the state you live in and your email address to send you the invoice.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
To clarify this sale, ONLY the steering systems are on sale. We custom design steering that works at ALL speeds not just slow speeds.
Our patented designs allows us to build super effective steering without making it huge or intrusive, with NO PLASTIC PARTS .
Our Ultimate , Magnum and Magnum A K systems are versatile and adjustable, our Viper systems for the single engine 19 foot boats provide a variety of benefits including enhanced steering at all speeds, faster planning, power steering, enhanced reverse and extra braking power all at one low price.
We also build Mega fangs that are compatible with the Ultimates, Magnums and Magnum A K steering.
Mega fangs provide enhanced power steering , enhanced reverse control and enhanced braking allowing you to customize the effect of your steering system. Mega fangs can be installed on your boat alone if you wish. The mega fangs and ez locks are not included in the sale pricing however the military and first responder discounts would apply to those items if you qualify. If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly. If you don't know by now remember all jet steering is NOT ALIKE so do your homework and buy your last system FIRST!

RedBarron55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Would this include steering for a Merc Sport Jet 90 on a Hobie Jet fisherman.
If so or if not can you send me a quote?

Thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I hand build those parts when people need them, the cost is 220 minus 20 percent would be 176 F Y I the sale would also apply to the 4 tec systems and the mercury v6 systems. I would probably reconsider including the new Mega Fang systems for the Yamaha boats however I only have a few on hand. If people can be patient if I sell out, Then I would be willing to do the discount on those also. The mega fangs give you super reverse steering, better stopping ability and very nice power steering. I am having all the mega fang info put on my web site hopefully in the next few days.

Last edited:

RedBarron55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I want to order the kit for the Sport Jet 90 what do I need to do?
I could not find how to PM you since I am new to the board.
Can I contact you on your website?

Thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok so I am going to try this and see what happens.
I will offer a twin engine ULTIMATE steering system with the new Mega Fangs sale priced at $425 with free shipping in the U S A.
I will also offer a Magnum A K steering system with the MEGA FANGS for the same sale price with the same free shipping.
This A K setup includes the extra bases for the Mega Fangs and all the necessary hardware for installing those bases. It also includes the extra tie rod assembly and all the hardware, and on that tie rod please understand my steering system is not the reason I started adding those to this system, your factory steering is the reason and I firmly believe you should have one even if you do not have any aftermarket steering added to your boat.
And while I am on that subject remember with the Mega Fangs producing a power steering effect the steering cables and helm have very little work to do allowing the operator to sit back and enjoy the ride. Also for the new people my Ultimate steering is adjustable, spring loaded, selectable for full time or part time steering it does not hang way down below the boats nozzles, it can steer your boat at all speeds making it excellent for water sports rough water conditions and with the Mega Fangs you will experience excellent reverse and power steering that is well worth the price.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since I have the AK system, does the Mega Fangs only apply in this sale? I'm needing the Megas to add to my current setup. Thank you sir.

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same here, tossing around the idea of adding the megas to my AK system but hoping for a sale!!! Are you still tweaking the megas for the AK system or is the design final?

DW RED

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This sale is for members of this web site only! Its subject to end with a 24 hour notice.
This offer is not valid with other discounts or offers.
COBRA VENOM ULTIMATE STEERING, The Most versatile steering system available for your Yamaha jet boats , Spring loaded, aircraft aluminum, Full time steering enhancement, part time steering enhancement , Adjustable effect and Upgradeable to accept the new MEGA FANGS.
Works on all Yamaha non rudder twin engine boats and the single engine boats with rudders or non rudders, " note the 19 foot rudder models can not upgrade their system to accept the mega fangs all other 19 foot models can add those if they choose".
This sale applies to the steering systems ONLY all upgrades are excluded including the ez locks. However the regular military and first responder discounts will apply to those products as usual for those who qualify.

Next is the MAGNUM A K system for all twin engine Yamaha jet boats with factory rudders, this aircraft aluminum, adjustable system also includes the all stainless steel second tie rod kit to balance out your factory steering system.
This system can use either the single A K fangs or the new Mega Fang upgrades, the same rule applies to this system ,Upgrades are not included and military or first responder discounts do apply if you qualify.

Next is the entire VIPER lineup This system works on all single engine 19 foot boats, it is built of aircraft aluminum , with the fangs already built in and a planning surface between the fins, same rules apply as the previous systems listed.

The discount for this sale will be 20 percent off list price with free shipping in the U S A. To take advantage of this sale you must send me a private message on this web site. I will also need your boat model and year the state you live in and your email address to send you the invoice.
Hi Jeff,

I'm interested in getting one of your systems and I have a question. I have a 2017 SX190 with the rudder. What are the advantages and disadvantage of the Ultimate and Viper Systems when it comes to my boat and which one you recommend. I would like to have more low speed, high speed and reverse control.

Thank you!

gobecauseyoucan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi Jeff,,,
Me too, I'm in with FloJet and Pullen724 , already have the AK system with fangs on our 2016 242LS and like it. But MEGA is always better! Is the tweaking of this current incarnation done and ready for production and what is the ramp up time line. I can wait if you do put them on sale subject to a manufacturing schedule.
Thanks for the awesome design and continual desire to improve the functionality

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi Jeff,,,
Me too, I'm in with FloJet and Pullen724 , already have the AK system with fangs on our 2016 242LS and like it. But MEGA is always better! Is the tweaking of this current incarnation done and ready for production and what is the ramp up time line. I can wait if you do put them on sale subject to a manufacturing schedule.
Thanks for the awesome design and continual desire to improve the functionality
The MEGAs rock.

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
  • Ordered Mega Fangs to add to my older Ultimate Fins. Excited to experience better control in reverse during a mild crosswind backing into a slip. I do not mind being blown into the dock, fender side, as much as being blown the other way, towards my slip neighbors boat.

Edit: Jeff, Thank you for including a 10% discount for purchase of the Mega Fangs only.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@DW RED on your boat with the factory rudder I would suggest the new VIPER for numerous reasons, as reported by people who already have this on their 19 foot Yamaha jet boats both with and without the rudder.
In no particular order of importance you gain perfect tracking at speed, it takes away the hull spin when you rapidly reduce your speed, it also helps you plane off sooner and holds that plane longer as you slow down. It provides nice steering control at slow speeds and people say the reverse control is excellent. One customer said it steers in reverse as well as it does in forward. And the price is nice also when adding up all the benefits it provides it's damn near free! The Ultimate system would also work on your boat and it does a very nice job however I designed the Viper as a 19 foot boat system to give maximum effect with minimum depth of the fins because the single engine boats have pumps that are in the lowest point of the hull unlike the twin engine boats where the pumps are off to the side and higher from the center point.

DW RED

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you Jeff. Viper System ordered!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you!

gobecauseyoucan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
December, cold and clear blue sky on Lake Washington, shopping for a present for the boat, Jeff made it easy to decide, " MEGA,s" on the way.

Thanks Jeff

And,,, Thumbs up to Swatski for the awesome reviews with video!

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok I just went through all my parts and here is what I have left in stock of the first run of the new MEGA FANGS I have one regular set of Mega Fangs for all applications except the A K steering systems and one of the model specific A K Mega Fang Systems, having said that if necessary I could convert the regular one to work on a A K system making it possible to have 2 A K sets if those are requested first.
So that is it for the inventory on hand as it applies to the Mega Fangs.
I also have 4 pair of the regular fangs available so if you have the original size fangs with just 2 "one per nozzle" and you want to make that 2 per nozzle upgrading your setup for 50 only dollars. This is the time to buy the additional fangs.
I have placed another order for the Mega Fangs and I hope to have those within 10 days or less so I will accept orders for those prior to having them available however I will not accept any payment until they are here and ready to ship.
Allowing you to get in on the sale price if you reserve a set.
So now I have also decided to just go for it and put every item listed on my web page at 20 percent off for members only, Mercury V6 steering , old style Mercury / Force hand made steering, also systems for the 4 tec setups on all the boats single or twin engines that have the Rotax , Sea Doo 4 stroke engines and pumps like Chaparral , Scarab, etc
Ultimates, Magnum A K systems, All the VIPER systems, even the E Z LOCKS for the push button cleanout plugs, the original A K fangs and the new Mega Fangs.
So don't buy a new boat , "buy a new boating experience" !
Warning adding Cobra Steering may result in you spending more time in the passenger seat once the Admiral gets behind the wheel but no worries she will still allow you put gas in the boat for her! "

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok I just went through all my parts and here is what I have left in stock of the first run of the new MEGA FANGS I have one regular set of Mega Fangs for all applications except the A K steering systems and one of the model specific A K Mega Fang Systems, having said that if necessary I could convert the regular one to work on a A K system making it possible to have 2 A K sets if those are requested first.
So that is it for the inventory on hand as it applies to the Mega Fangs.
I also have 4 pair of the regular fangs available so if you have the original size fangs with just 2 "one per nozzle" and you want to make that 2 per nozzle upgrading your setup for 50 only dollars. This is the time to buy the additional fangs.
I have placed another order for the Mega Fangs and I hope to have those within 10 days or less so I will accept orders for those prior to having them available however I will not accept any payment until they are here and ready to ship.
Allowing you to get in on the sale price if you reserve a set.
So now I have also decided to just go for it and put every item listed on my web page at 20 percent off for members only, Mercury V6 steering , old style Mercury / Force hand made steering, also systems for the 4 tec setups on all the boats single or twin engines that have the Rotax , Sea Doo 4 stroke engines and pumps like Chaparral , Scarab, etc
Ultimates, Magnum A K systems, All the VIPER systems, even the E Z LOCKS for the push button cleanout plugs, the original A K fangs and the new Mega Fangs.
So don't buy a new boat , "buy a new boating experience" !
Warning adding Cobra Steering may result in you spending more time in the passenger seat once the Admiral gets behind the wheel but no worries she will still allow you put gas in the boat for her! "
Count me in sir