• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra Jet Steering vs. THRUST VECTOR

Miamisigns

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Considering adding a steering system to my 2017 FSH. I have read great thins about The Cobra Jet Steering System. I also have seen videos on the Thrust Vector on Jetboatpilot.com.

Any recommendations? Thanks

CAT Chaser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I chose the Cobra Jet because I wanted it in the down position all the time. Quality built product.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check out the new Vipers - from @Cobra Jet Steering LLC, which have been reviewed very favorably. What I do with a FSH.

--

USN SCPO RET

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Steering1.JPG Steering3.JPG steering4.JPG I have the Cobra's with Fangs...Really like the handling.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I actually ran out of the Vipers, the story goes I had an issue with the company that was building them , when I submitted an order for more they raised the price nearly doubling it with no good explanation, I actually placed an order but I decided to cancel it due to the huge price increase.
I shopped around for another company to build them. That company gave me a price similar to the original one I had so this was good. They gave me a finish date that sounded great and I would have had them in plenty of time , however they were not ready when promised so I waited a extra week and they were still not ready , I then decided to call them every day, Today we had a wicked storm on Tampa Bay and I had a endodontic appointment at 1 pm. so as soon as I left the appointment I had to drive over the " horrible franklin" aka "Howard Frankenstein" bridge in a blackout rain storm to get the few parts they did have ready .
Due to having people on a waiting list wanting them for the weekend It was my only option, so I now have about a dozen of these available.
One of our members from N C can attest to the waiting list .

I am also waiting for the VIPER N K sets to be built as those were supposed to be ready last week also, then I will be building the forming jigs and looking for a few people who want to try this out on the non keel boats even the twin engine systems and I may even make some for people wanting them on the twin engine A K boats with the extra tie rod added to the mix but I am getting way ahead of myself here so for now I do have some of the Vipers available for the 19 foot keel boats.

Last edited:

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I actually ran out of the Vipers, the story goes I had an issue with the company that was building them , when I submitted an order for more they raised the price nearly doubling it with no good explanation, I actually placed an order but I decided to cancel it due to the huge price increase.
I shopped around for another company to build them. That company gave me a price similar to the original one I had so this was good. They gave me a finish date that sounded great and I would have had them in plenty of time , however they were not ready when promised so I waited a extra week and they were still not ready , I then decided to call them every day, Today we had a wicked storm on Tampa Bay and I had a endodontic appointment at 1 pm. so as soon as I left the appointment I had to drive over the bridge in a black out rain storm to get the few parts they did have ready .
Due to having people on a waiting list wanting them for the weekend It was my only option, so I now have about a dozen of these available.
One of our members from N C can attest to the waiting list .

I am also waiting for the VIPER N K sets to be built as those were supposed to be ready last week also, then I will be building the forming jigs and looking for a few people who want to try this out on the non keel boats even the twin engine systems and I may even make some for people wanting them on the twin engine A K boats with the extra tie rod added to the mix but I am getting way ahead of myself here so for now I do have some of the Vipers available for the keel boats.
Give this shop a shot if still looking for a solution. I'm confident they'll take care of you.

http://deepholesolutions.com/

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Considering adding a steering system to my 2017 FSH. I have read great thins about The Cobra Jet Steering System. I also have seen videos on the Thrust Vector on Jetboatpilot.com.

Any recommendations? Thanks
I am also considering both. Can someone advise the pros and cons of each system instead of just stating that they have one or the other?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here we go again. . . . . .o_O

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I always say do your homework there is a huge difference between the two .

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here we go again. . . . . .o_O
Guess you have been around for awhile and get tired of newbies asking the same questions. I thought this forum was about experienced guys helping less experienced people so they didn't have to reinvent the wheel for everything. This thread was the first time I had even heard about cobra jet and was curious.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Kahuna Khris . . . . You're barking up the wrong tree bud. Anyone who knows me knows I am the first to offer help on questions old and new. This topic however, has been beat to death. . . . . And anyone using the search function can find MORE info then you'll ever want to read on the subject, ALL of which is highly subjective.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Guess you have been around for awhile and get tired of newbies asking the same questions. I thought this forum was about experienced guys helping less experienced people so they didn't have to reinvent the wheel for everything. This thread was the first time I had even heard about cobra jet and was curious.
You're definitely right! And, it wasn't his intent to be disparaging (I think I used that word right). It's sort of a Ford vs Chevy or Microsoft vs Apple kind of debate. Both products seem to work quite well, from what I read. The implementation is a little different, the manufacturing materials are a little different. But, the primary goal of both is to enhance the steering function.

I really can't add much, as I don't have either product (or even a jetboat for that matter).

If you have time, do a search of the forum and you'll find several threads on each. @swatski has a nice write up on his Cobras. In the mean time, I'm sure you'll get a few more posts from actual users as well.

And, welcome to the forum!

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am also considering both. Can someone advise the pros and cons of each system instead of just stating that they have one or the other?
The problem is few people have had both on the same boat. All you can realy say is you have X and like it.

I have the thrust vectors, but i bought used and they were all ready on. I like the way it handles so Im not taking them off.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Decide what you want from a steering system , if you want slow speed only T V and Ultimates can do that If you want both high speed and low speed and the ability to choose the amount of steering you get with the ability to change the effect and change the function if you want to ,the ultimates are capable of that but no other one can do that. If you want a set of fangs , a planning surface and fins the Viper does that. So do your homework and see what will do what you want to accomplish. Then find testimonials from people on this board and from customers who have had both and decide .

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Kahuna Khris . . . . You're barking up the wrong tree bud. Anyone who knows me knows I am the first to offer help on questions old and new. This topic however, has been beat to death. . . . . And anyone using the search function can find MORE info then you'll ever want to read on the subject, ALL of which is highly subjective.
You are right...it has been beaten to death. I guess those that are new to jet boats are probably also new to the forum. I had tunnel vision on the FSH portion of the forum and didnt think that all jet boats would have the same issue and therefore to check them before asking the question. Moving on in a more informed manner.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
You are right...it has been beaten to death. I guess those that are new to jet boats are probably also new to the forum. I had tunnel vision on the FSH portion of the forum and didnt think that all jet boats would have the same issue and therefore to check them before asking the question. Moving on in a more informed manner.
Don't fret. It took me a little time to figure out how to find all the resources there are on this forum and how to use them. As I got more experienced I enjoyed posting new information I could not find here (e.g. leaky wet storage on my FSH or the drain plug in the changing room). You'll find a lot on leaky FSHs!
I have the Thrust Vector and enjoy it at low speed. It rises at higher speed. Real easy to put on. I'd like to be able to try the Vipers though and be able to tell the difference for myself. Opinions are subjective as you know so all the information in the world is not going to really tell you how you'll feel about either one.
You're a little far from here but if you are in the area I'd take you out to try mine but overall, it's not a huge investment either way.

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Don't fret. It took me a little time to figure out how to find all the resources there are on this forum and how to use them. As I got more experienced I enjoyed posting new information I could not find here (e.g. leaky wet storage on my FSH or the drain plug in the changing room). You'll find a lot on leaky FSHs!
I have the Thrust Vector and enjoy it at low speed. It rises at higher speed. Real easy to put on. I'd like to be able to try the Vipers though and be able to tell the difference for myself. Opinions are subjective as you know so all the information in the world is not going to really tell you how you'll feel about either one.
You're a little far from here but if you are in the area I'd take you out to try mine but overall, it's not a huge investment either way.
Roger that. Funny that these two obvious competitors havent had a head-to-head comparison by a boating magazine or something. I just learned today that an old friend I just ran into has the cobras on his so the test opportunity is there. Thanks for the offer anyway.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Nah man, before this site even existed there has been some disputes and even 3rd and/or 4th products/manufacturers i have seen as well