• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra Magnum A K steering with fangs mid summer special

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
COBRA JET STEERING LLC

MID SUMMER SPECIAL

For a limited time we are making a special offer to those of you who purchased a Yamaha twin engine articulating keel 21 or 24 foot jet boat.

Find out just how nimble your boat can be and how easy it can be to turn at speed or when docking in tight places.

Cobra Jet Steering llc designed a special steering system to be added to the original articulating keel twin engine21 and 24 foot jet boats.

Our MAGNUM A K model specific steering system addresses several areas of your original steering.

First we balance the work load on your steering helm and cables by adding a second tie rod between the rudder and the left side nozzle so that when turning the rudder the work is divided evenly to both sides, this also provides an even push / pull effect on the cables and helm when making high speed turns in either direction .

Having two tie rods also adds redundancy to the system.

Our second tie rod is just the beginning, we then add steering fins to the outside of each nozzle placing those fins above the rudder and out to the side of each nozzle to form a V configuration to provide added influence and better response from idle speed to top speed.

Having a huge keel down the center of your hull makes the boat want to resist turning at speed, the extra fins assist you in making faster and sharper turns at all speeds, NOT JUST SLOW SPEED !

We also added our new A K FANG design for a reduction in steering resistance in the nozzles the helm and on the cables by having the fangs go forward of the pivot point of the nozzles.

This positioning also assists in adding even more reverse control during docking as the fangs help direct the water as it exits the reverse portion of the steering nozzle.

Our Magnum A K system fins are tempered 6061-t6 aluminum for strength and reduced profile.

Our second tie rod is heavy duty stainless steel with adjustment capability similar to the original tie rod however our tie rod ends are also built from stainless steel for greater strength and durability, unlike the original aluminum ends.

For a limited time we will be offering you a special incentive on this system.

We chose this time of the season as we felt you hopefully had ample time to use your new boat and learn that it may not handle quite as well as you expected when you purchased it. If so you may wish to make the boat more user friendly so others will feel comfortable operating it while you enjoy some water sports or just relaxing.

So if you feel that you would really enjoy the boat better if it had more precise and responsive handling at all speeds and in reverse. Send me an e mail today to take advantage of this special offer!

IF YOU ORDER THE MAGNUM A. K. STEERING SYSTEM Via a P M or email directly to me jeff@cobrajetsteering.com , we will provide you with a set of " A K Fangs" for your system at no additional charge.

And"Free priority shipping" in the U S A.

This is a limited time offer that is not valid with other offers or promotions. This system comes with a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee as always.

15 years experience , three U S patents with a forth pending , steering is what we do.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just a few more days remaining to take advantage of this sale.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Jeff @Cobra Jet Steering LLC , looking forward to seeing the difference from stock on the new 242 LSE. I will follow up with a before and after and comparing these to my 2010 242 with your fins.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok So now that you have had a chance to try out the magnum A K system and AK fangs how was your experience? @sofakingbig and I believe @JAUGA82 also had a chance to try out his Magnum A K with fangs on his 24 foot boat hope we can get his feedback also

Last edited:

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Installed them in a jiffy! Had a little issue with the stock starboard tie rod bolt on the jet, Yamaha put locktite on the tie rod side and took a bit of work to get it out. After that, the install was a breeze. They certainly make a huge difference versus just stock AK rutter. The boat feels more planted in the water, like having positraction for you boat, more straight line tracking at speed and more low speed and reverse control. I let go of the wheel at 35mph and the boat held the line. There is a lot less steering play to maintain course and the boat doesn't "slide" or wash out when heading into or riding with wakes and waves, it stays the course.

Good Stuff!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So jagua82 "s message to me when I asked if he had a chance to try the magnum A K system with fangs on his boat was as follows.

"We sure have, and it's absolutely fantastic!! I had the thrust vectors on our 2010 and they helped with slow speed steering. But with the new AC and v- shaped keel, slow speed steering was improved. However, turning at speed was HORRIBLE. Your Cobra fins were amazing in that regard, and also improved slow steering as well. I literally spent an hour just making HARD turns at WOT bc it was so much fun. Thanks again!"

It appears that he was really enjoying the new found maneuverability of his Yamaha 242 limited S E jet boat .

synackattack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just grabbed a set for my AR210. Looking forward to installing and seeing the difference!

Thanks for having the special!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You are entirely welcome I am certain you will really enjoy the difference once you get those installed.

Brike

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the quick turnaround on the order! I'm looking forward to getting these installed!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you and I look forward to your testimonial on how you like your NEW boat once you install them.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Turned out great!

Thanks Jeff!

20170818_233509.jpg 20170818_233458.jpg

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Looks perfect, I have heard of a couple of other people finding the bolt stuck in the tie rod end when the factory apparently overused thread locking compound.
Dripping thread locking compound in the tie rod end is never a good thing as everything in it is supposed to turn freely.
I tell them to just tap it out supporting the tie rod end on top of a deep socket and use a small hammer to tap the bolt free. No worries since I send you new longer bolts anyway so you are not using that one anymore.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I actually thought I ended this sale, Guess I forgot in my old age. SO I suppose I should leave it as is until after LABOR DAY .
Sale ends 9-5-17
Someone may want to buy a new boat and this " just like my ULTIMATES and VIPERS " will make you think you did!
But your wallet will just say " HUH how did you do that???"

Brike

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I installed these and ran with them yesterday. The impact they made was tremendous! The control getting off the trailer was noticeable as soon as the boat floated. Coming onto the trailer was impressive; I was able to come in at the slowest speed possible and barely needed to move the wheel for fine tuning (which previously would result in last minute over steering). At speed, I felt a grip in the water and noticed that the wheel needed minimal turning as compared to the past. WOT turns were awesome! Great product; I see a difference!

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you for the testimonial.
I would like to remind people that the function of the fangs is not just for a power steering effect created by extending them forward of the pivot point of the nozzle, but also to improve the reverse handling of the boat by directing the reverse thrust under the boat so that it has more effect without being overbearing or exaggerated.
You should remember a very important function of reverse is to rapidly reduce or even stop the forward movement of the boat when you are docking or trying to avoid an obstruction when you realize you are going too fast and need to put on the brakes so to speak.
Also when you need to inch the boat forward or backward in tight situations.
The fangs do not interfere with that important function nor will they cause the boat to spin out in reverse unexpectedly if the wheel is turned.
So you gain the control needed to operate in reverse comfortably without giving up any other feature you are accustom to with reverse control .
Also they are very cost effective even when they are not free with the purchase of the steering system during the sale.
Lets not forget there is the addition of the second tie rod to balance out all the working forces on the steering nozzles, cables and helm.
Remember using only one tie rod obviously places extra loads on only one nozzle and steering cable.
Understand that a steering cables perform two different ways, they push the nozzle to turn one way and they pull it to turn the other way
if you use only one to operate the rudder . Cables usually fail when operating in the " PULL" mode and they usually fail at the threaded area by the nozzle as this is the weakest point.
Having two tie rods interconnected balances this out by pushing the components and pulling them evenly at the same time either way you turn.
Keep in mind the large keel down the center of your boat is basically a huge fixed rudder so the faster you go the more it resists turning, therefore more force is required on the steering system to overcome that resistance.
These A K boats use a rack and pinion steering helm that geared down the helm requiring about twice the travel to accomplish the same nozzle movement.
I believe this was done to make it more comfortable for the operator when turning the wheel at speed while overcoming the added resistance, however it also slows down the steering response . So my magnum A K system really does not "NEED" a second tie rod but your boat really should have one even if you don't add any other steering it's just basic common sense.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This sale has ended and I thank all those who took advantage of the sale and especially those who took the time to share their experience by posting the effect the steering had on their boat . Here is another description emailed to me by one of the members who took advantage of the sale . "

Comment: We put them on the end on August. We went to table Rock Lake in Missouri. They worked incredible. The handling was incredible. Tighter turns, much better low speed handling and boat control in reverse, what a huge difference.
So keep sending me your comments . Thank you .