• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra Ultimates with Fangs

Ray525

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey , just installed Cobra Ultimates with Fangs on my 2015 AR190..Will give an honest review on how i think they perform..Have a trip set up to Lake Wallenpaupack memorial day weekend(so 3 days to really test them out)..The install was easy, no drilling required .

Attachments

Ray525

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So finally took boat out, and the cobra steering did make a huge difference..i would recommend to anyone who needs help steering..

muzhik

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just installed cobra jet steering as well on '15 AR192, haven't taken it out yet but looking forward to it...

20180525_202516 (Large).jpg 20180525_202602 (Large).jpg

Ray525

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok..let me know what you think...I was trying to dock in pretty rough water,I thought it handled pretty well..

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Ray525 One thing I noticed when I viewed your picture, was the reverse bucket position, now this has nothing to do with the steering install but your reverse gate looks just a little bit too low , now this may just be the angle of picture when it was taken making it look that way but you should check to see if any part of a reverse gate is in the way of the water exiting the nozzle when the controls are in forward, because at speed it will deflect the water plus it has been known to cause vibrations in the cables and even the controls so people should take note of the position of their reverse buckets when in forward they should never be in the way of the jet water and in on any twin engine boat when set in neutral they should always be even with each other.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@muzhik later on you may want to add the mega fangs to that viper and really have a blast

Ray525

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow ..its funny that you said that , after install I did notice a bolt on the bucket was missing, lucky I noticed before taking out for season..ordered and install bolt ,I will check to see if bucket is fully out the way ..thank you

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I believe some people here have posted pictures on their boats ,the second picture was from a member who changed to the viper with mega fangs from the T V fins

Attachments