• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra Venom FANGS now available

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I now have the "FANGS" available for sale, they are not yet on my web page so you will need to email me directly.
These are upgrades for the Ultimate and Magnum steering systems.
If your side force stabilizers have the four holes this upgrade can be bolted on to your existing system.
If you do not have the four holes already in the plates I am doing a template for that situation to allow you to add them. "see first picture for the 4 holes in the side force stabilizer I referenced.
The fangs are a set of special fins positioned under the side force stabilizer to provide two functions that people have shown an interest in adding to or enhancing their steering systems.
The first benefit is a power steering effect that actually reduces the resistance on the steering cables and helm even with the fins in the fully deployed and all time mode.
This allows you to set the steering for the maximum influence and steer at high speed with ease without the need to have the fins retract or reduce their influence.
This allows you to have the power steering effect and the full effect of the fins at high speed.
The other benefit of the FANGS is Improved reverse maneuvering.
The fangs help to direct the reverse thrust as it exits the bottom of the steering nozzle .
View the second picture to understand how this is accomplished.
That picture shows a single engine nozzle with the fangs on either side of the reverse opening to channel the reverse thrust under the boat more effectively.
A twin engine set uses one fang on the outside of each reverse opening of the nozzles to control the thrust from those nozzles and contain them under the boat longer for a similar effect.
The third picture gives you a view of this twin engine arrangement without the nozzles in the way for a better idea of how they are setup for that application.
Obviously the twin engine boats may also use two single engine setups for even more effect in reverse. Picture 4 shows a side view of the fang added to a nozzle with Ultimates on it.
The price for the system on a single engine is 75 dollars,& free shipping in the U S A, see picture #5 for that system.
Cost for the special twin engine system is 85 dollars with free shipping in the U S A, see picture #6 for that system.

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I finally did a video on this sorry but my wrists and hands have been bothering me pretty badly lately so holding on to small screws and parts was quite a task

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This sounds very cool Jeff, the power steering effect is a definite upgrade!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Somehow I had a feeling you would like that.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I want these Fangs!
I really like the planted feel of Cobra Ultimates deployed at speed, particularly when pulling skiers and boarders.
I recon this new device should help alleviate any potential adverse effects of added lateral forces on the steering nozzle in extra steering cable maintenance etc.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just send me an email " jeff@cobrajetsteering.com" I believe your ultimates already have the base plates with the 4 holes.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
About how long ago did you start selling the plates with 4 holes?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I don't honestly recall exactly when, maybe 8 to 10 months ago, I have been planning this upgrade for a while I was making and trying a variety of different shapes to get the result I was looking for.
The earlier plates can be drilled to take the parts also, I plan to have a template for that, however I also have a way to do it using the parts as a guide.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This might be what Im looking for as well. I want my Ultimates fully deployed all of the time since my wife is the only person available to drive when I want to wakeboard. She's become comfortable with the throttles and has done a great job getting comfortable driving a boat (a first for her). Fins have definitely helped, we just went to Cobras from TVs. I had no problem with TVs, but wanted to have full control at all speeds with the "flip up" safety in case we hit something under the water.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just send me an email , jeff@cobrajetsteering.com they are not on my web page yet due to a medical issue with my son in law who does the web page but I do have them in stock.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

DUSTOFF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just ordered a set.
Looking forward to easier steering!

As I told Jeff privately, my steering is really tough right now. I have a set of his newest ultimates on the boat. (The tracking is very good, as expected with the fins.)

I have a set of new steering cables that I am going to install, but I want to try these fangs out first to see if the problem is due mostly to the Ultimates or the original cables.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I would suggest being certain that your nozzles are also properly aligned, It has been a while since I posted how to check and adjust them.
First center your steering wheel and tie it to the seat pedestal so it stays in place.
Put the controls in forward, go back to the nozzles and first look at the reverse buckets making sure they are even and not hanging down in the opening where they can obstruct the flow of water exiting nozzle.
Use a long straight edge" I use a long level" place it against the two nozzle openings right across the center, Take notice where it makes contact with both at the same time it should touch all 4 edges of the two openings evenly without pushing it hard against those openings.
Note if there is a side that is not touching the straight edge, this will need to be adjusted at the end where the cable attaches to the steering arm on the nozzle. when you have completed the necessary adjustment your nozzles should be aligned properly.
With no fins in the water having a misaligned set of nozzles would not be that noticeable, however if they are out of alignment with the big fins you will definitely feel a lot more resistance in the wheel at high speed. Just having the large fins down all the way at speed does add some resistance by themselves however I seldom hear anyone who thinks it is a problem.
The fangs were designed for people who prefer a soft steering effect at speed and even more reverse control is always a nice feature. I am quite certain that once you try the fangs on the water you will be impressed. And it is important to remember that the reduces resistance you feel in the wheel is the result of reduced pressure on the cable and helm , Yes they actually reduce the load on those parts.

DUSTOFF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Jeff, Thanks for the instructions on aligning the nozzles

They were aligned before winter, but I did remove my pumps to install refurbished impellers, so they could be a little off.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
No problem as for checking the drag on your cables and helm , go to the back of the boat and grab a nozzle with your hand you should be able to turn the nozzle side to side from behind the boat just using your hands if it fights you the cables may be going bad.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So it appears that the FANGS are a big hit, along with the Ultimate steering you get all the steering input you want at low/ idle speed forward or reverse, high speed, for guest and new operators, water sports activities, emergency collision avoidance, and power steering that actually reduces the wear and tear on your cables and helm and lets not forget YOU. Drive it like you stole it with one hand.
So perhaps for a very limited time I will offer the Fangs at 40 percent off when ordered with the ULTIMATE steering single or twin setup or the Ultimate EZ lock combo. I always give free shipping in the U S A and I use priority mail to Canada to avoid duties and transfer fees. So if you know the difference and you want the most for your money I will accept direct requests via email for this offer.
Sadly my web person " my son in law" is in a very bad medical situation, it's an outrageous story actually, he is the father of my 8 year old grand daughter who I recently posted about the girl scout cookie sales in the thousands and donating hundreds of boxes to the military personnel .
Well the condensed version is he had a seizure at his work , he is a serious diabetic , has been for a long time, he was just placed in the kidney donor program and was down to about 20 percent function.
He wore a bracelet that said NO Dye they have a technical term for that but it eludes me . Anyway he was taken to the emergency room via ambulance where someone thought he had a stroke so the doctor wanted to do YOU GUESSED IT the DYE .
He refused it, he showed them the bracelet and my daughter also called and told them NO dye. She told them don't do it or it could kill him.
Well they did it anyway wasted his kidney . That required him to be operated on to for dialysis etc. To add insult to injury literally he was not able to attend his daughters birth day party because of that surgery, hopefully he will be around for some more birthdays in the future if he gets a transplant.
Well I think the rest is obvious the web page can wait. I am resourceful , so just email me and I can send you a pay pal invoice for your order. I will do this for 10 days as of now!!! So take advantage of this. And you will have a great summer enjoying your NEW BOAT because that is exactly what it will make you think .

Last edited:

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
No problem as for checking the drag on your cables and helm , go to the back of the boat and grab a nozzle with your hand you should be able to turn the nozzle side to side from behind the boat just using your hands if it fights you the cables may be going bad.
Or.....your steering wheel is still tied to your seat! Lol

Thanks Jeff....I will probably order these this weekend.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
So Jeff....Any discounts on the Fangs for those of us who already bought the Ultimates?:winkingthumbsup"

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The discount Is to motivate future customers to take a real good look at what the Ultimates have to offer, not just slow speed assistance but a large variety of features that they can customize, allowing them to tune their boats handling traits to meet their individual needs. Plus added safety features like off power control and now comfort features like power steering. Obviously you already realize the difference but the people who are considering adding a steering system may not. For decades people were told that a jet boat is a bad choice due to steering deficiencies, 15 years ago I did something about that and now I continue to address this and I can honestly say that a jet boat with the ultimate steering and the fangs will meet or even surpass the handling of most conventional boats. I enjoy reading posts about the people on the dock waiting in disappointment when they watch a jet boat with my steering pull up and dock perfectly.
So now with even more options that can be added I thought it would be good motivation in making their choice of steering the with a combo price like I do with my EZ locks.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I appreciate all the interest in the Fangs, my first order contained 96 sets I am now down to 4 sets in stock with a new order expected to be ready for me to pickup any day, I also ordered some fangs for the magnum A K series steering, I hope to have these in hand by the end of the week also. I have several people asking for them so post a reminder in this thread for me to let you know when they are ready for sale and please keep the feedback coming if you have the ultimate fangs and you have had a chance to try them out.
here is a report back from the person testing the fangs on his Yamaha A K boat.
"

Good evening .

Friday a spent all day in the Gulf and went up the Homosassa River. I was able to test the AK Steering with

and without the Fangs.

What I found out was at high speeds the boat now feels tighter. It reacts much faster. It always felt loose.

I have found in the stock mode I was always fighting the current. It now is much more relaxing.

I have always had outdrives and the Jet drives are night and day in how they react to currents.

In no wake mode it was easier to control. I did not have to compensate no where near what it had been.

With the fangs on reverse is much easer. Getting on the trailer and docking also is much better.

I thank you very much for letting me try out the fangs. I will continue to test in the next couple weeks

but I like the results so far and the money was well spent. "