• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Code 68 - 06 AR230HO

DNUGENTUSMC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So my Port Side “No Wake Mode” wasn’t activating on my first spring run. I ohmed out the switch and was not getting continuity when pressed. So I ordered another one but while waiting, I attempted to run both engines No Wake Mode circuit off of the single working switch.

This is when I started getting Engine Error Code 68 which as you know is labeled as No Wake Mode Switch. This code pops up every time I start each engine even with the switches not connected at all.

Using YDS I am able to see each engine’s No Wake Mode Switch go from OFF to ON when pressing the now properly setup buttons.

After Deleting the code it still immediately comes right back up with the new hours reading.

The Bypass Valve Motor test with YDS appears to be working fine as it cycles open and then closed. Although they do sound a bit strange. How should they sound? 06 AR230HO - Bypass Valve Motor Test with YDS

Both batteries fully charged and in combine mode (both are new, one is brand new).

Adjusting the throttle stop screw did not have any effect other than lowering the idle speed (or raising it when going the other direction)

Any momentary on switch (such as a horn) should work as long as it closes continuity, correct?

Attachments

Last edited:

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
search on this thread somewhere. I think there’s a throttle adjustment on the engine that fixes this. I had to do it on my old boat once.

DNUGENTUSMC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
search on this thread somewhere. I think there’s a throttle adjustment on the engine that fixes this. I had to do it on my old boat once.
I tried that, no change. And that shouldn't have all of a sudden affected both engines, right?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried to see if I had any no wake switches left over but I guess I already gave them away.