• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Commercial Crabbers....not cool!

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well I set my trap last Saturday in a small bay far away from other commercial crabbers traps.

After work today I took the boat out to go pull the trap and when I reached the bay where I left it, there was a single commercial trap relatively close that had not been there on Saturday when I set mine.

I pull my trap up and there is only 1 single crab...with both of its claws missing!

I highly suspect some A-hole trapper pulled my rig, stole my crabs and left 1 single crab in there and removed both its claws to "send a message". Not cool!

I was highly tempted to pull the commercial trap that magically "appeared" but I'm not the kinda person to do something dirty like that.

Usually I would just throw the crab or crabs back if there are less than 5-6 because its not worth cooking them and dealing with all the mess; however, this crab was going to die because both of his claws were harvested so I kept it rather than waste it.

Bad mojo to mess with another man's trap...there are just somethings you don't do on the water and that is definitely one of them. If that happened on the Chesapeake there would be hell to pay!

IMG_1430.jpg IMG_1429.jpg

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What a buncha dicks. Keep a bag of zipties in your boat, if it happens again I'd zip their trap shut.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What a buncha dicks. Keep a bag of zipties in your boat, if it happens again I'd zip their trap shut.
I should do that to guys that put their traps in the channel.