• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connect 12.3” touchscreen protector

NORCAL-GAS

Ratings
74 2
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
has anything been made to serve as a touch screen protector for the 12.3” connext screen? Thanks-
E

NORCAL-GAS

Ratings
74 2
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That’s as helpful as suggesting someone use search tabs. Thanks for your workaround solution.

MidnightRider

Jet Boat Addict
Ratings
564 11
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have no idea if it would work but first thing that comes to me is a computer touch screen protector. They make them for laptops that have touch screens so should be big enough to trim for the connext screen I'd think. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sofakingbig

Jet Boat Addict
Ratings
267 4
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Are you thinking like the previous model connext that has the rubber "gasket" type cover?

You can try reaching out to Will over @JetBoatPilot he might be working on one, or can chime in here on a recommendation.

On a side note, how do you like the new screens with the Chart plotter and all the upgrades?

MidnightRider

Jet Boat Addict
Ratings
564 11
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Oh I guess I assumed you meant a screen protector like on a phone screen, but if you mean a screen "cover" ignore my post. :)

McMark

Jetboaters Commander
Ratings
1,235 29
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s as helpful as suggesting someone use search tabs. Thanks for your workaround solution.
Sorry man, I’m at work and a little cranky. Plus I don’t really care for touch screens. Carry on and I hope you find what you’re looking for. Are the newest screens smooth and glassy? My connext is more of a matte finish to the screen so I’m not sure how a screen protector would adhere.