• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

CONNECTICUT SUPPLIES

2devine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I went to G&R today to pick up my oil change filters and try to stir up the spring gods with the purchase. I found out they were having a 30% off sale on parts and accessories until the end of March. I picked up a swivel rack, wakeboard dirt cheap. Just an FYI.

Good to know - I'm heading there tomorrow to check on my baby and talk to Andy about some more mods.

Thanks.

Thanks! Shopping now . . .

Pretty good crew down there, especially Andy. That dude is straight Aces.

I like those guys. My spring mod list is growing :)

@2devine Where do you launch from most of the time?

I like going out on the CT river. I like using Portland Boat Works the ramp fees are reasonable $15. Iv'e used the ramp in Haddam Meadows before for free but they can be busy and more rushed if your the only adult. You have to run from the boat to go get your trailer because someone is waiting. I usually go a little north from Middletown to tube or wakeboard but I will go south to rip around. I try and stop and eat at the Blue Oar Restaurant just south of the Haddam Meadows ramp. I have used the Four Mile River Marina leaving my boat on the trailer there for the season. It's nice and the people are very friendly. I just ended up on the river all the time and I spend a month on Ninigret Pond in RI by Charlestown RI. I love this place. The water warms up very nice in the summer as it is very shallow in half the pond but huge enough to wake board ect. I have gone out the Breach-way several times and it's easy with our boats. Last year I went to Block Island from here and it took me only twenty minutes to Old Harbor. Iv'e also gone to Watch Hill several times from Ninigret. This year I will go to Galilee Port Judith and get fresh seafood right off the fishing boats. I would definetly do a trip consisting of driving down, same distance as going to Hammonassett. Launch in the pond and go to any of those three places. I also like going out the Mouth of the river to Duck Island WestBrook Clinton area. At low tide there are several sand bars to hang out at.

Oh the Blue Oar is cash only- great burgers and sandwiches.

@2devine were are you in Farmington we might be neighbors.

I'm on the east end of town by the mall.

I like going out on the CT river. I like using Portland Boat Works the ramp fees are reasonable $15. Iv'e used the ramp in Haddam Meadows before for free but they can be busy and more rushed if your the only adult. You have to run from the boat to go get your trailer because someone is waiting. I usually go a little north from Middletown to tube or wakeboard but I will go south to rip around. I try and stop and eat at the Blue Oar Restaurant just south of the Haddam Meadows ramp. I have used the Four Mile River Marina leaving my boat on the trailer there for the season. It's nice and the people are very friendly. I just ended up on the river all the time and I spend a month on Ninigret Pond in RI by Charlestown RI. I love this place. The water warms up very nice in the summer as it is very shallow in half the pond but huge enough to wake board ect. I have gone out the Breach-way several times and it's easy with our boats. Last year I went to Block Island from here and it took me only twenty minutes to Old Harbor. Iv'e also gone to Watch Hill several times from Ninigret. This year I will go to Galilee Port Judith and get fresh seafood right off the fishing boats. I would definetly do a trip consisting of driving down, same distance as going to Hammonassett. Launch in the pond and go to any of those three places. I also like going out the Mouth of the river to Duck Island WestBrook Clinton area. At low tide there are several sand bars to hang out at.
@2devine Is there a chance we could organize a run together, I have never gone to any of those places coming out of Springfield

Last edited:
Well not neighbors but close by. I am off Rt. 6 close to what was five corners.

I am in Simsbury so next town over. We should do some river runs or lake gatherings this year. @jetlagged is in simsbury as well.

I'm going to pull the beast out of storage today . I figured I would use the April storage fee to supplement my purchase of the wakeboard rack I got. Justification in my mind anyways. Brad where do you store your boat. I have t seen in in that area? I would definitely do a trip. The river will be too full of crap for some time but if it warms up a little I will try the drive to Ninigret or the mouth of the river to hit the Duck Island area. End of APRIL is good for a congamong probably.

Sounds great! When do you guys pull your boats out of storage in canton?
On a side note I found a guy in Unionville that does upholstery for cars. I had a rip in my Mercedes drivers seat. He pulled the seat and redid it perfectly. $300. I figured that's a great price. So if you ever rip a seat in the boat or Bimini he can order sunbrella fabric and redo it.

Boat is stored in the garage. Who did you find in Unionville? I used Bristol Upholstery in Plymouth to redo the seats in my last boat. I'm up for a trip also if I ever get this thing running correctly. Rebuilding the carbs. and fuel pumps at the moment.

Yes, I am in Simsbury. I'm planning on bringing my boat home on Monday, April 28th - can't wait! Now if it'll only start warming up...

Back