• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connectors for Wake Tower Speakers

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey everybody, I want to remove the tower speakers for the winter and store them. Will need to cut the wires and use a connector. Anyone have some good, compact connector/plug recommendations? 9897A323-ACCC-472E-B481-2E6177EA314A.jpeg

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don’t think I measured the width of that slot.... so I’ll probably have to wait until spring. Thanks for the responses

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used them where the top 1/2 of the tower meets the bottom 1/2 due to having to take the tower off for winter storage.A41B2B51-C298-4E2F-A436-3530B134FBDD.jpeg

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Might not be the best wire connection out there, but one option is to use these connectors since it's such a small space.
spade_conn.jpg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
RC Car guys use these for high current applications. They're fairly small. No idea how they will hold in the marine environment though

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
thanks for the suggestions.... thought about the ones you posted @RightStuff and might just use those. They are simple enough. Going to keep looking though.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Why not something like these...and you could shrink wrap the connectors when you reinstall the speakers
I bought and tried these connectors. Wouldn't fit in the slots so couldn't use them. Ended up just twisting wires together and used really small wire nuts to hold them together. They barely fit too. Not much extra room in that small cavity for wires and stuff. I thought about taking the brackets off and milling out some aluminum to make more room, but decided against it.

IMG_6672.jpg

IMG_6671.jpg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Those caps make me cringe. If you don't want to solder, just use some heat shrink butt connectors. They will go into that hole no problem. If need to be removed, use these: 16-14 Ga. 0.250" Female Solder Heat-Shrink Quick-Disconnect Terminals - (Pack of 10): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
Yeah, I am going to do something different. Didn't have any other connectors, no shrink wrap, no heat gun, etc. I'll leave it like this for the summer and prep for something better when I take them off for the winter.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yeah, I am going to do something different. Didn't have any other connectors, no shrink wrap, no heat gun, etc. I'll leave it like this for the summer and prep for something better when I take them off for the winter.
You can use something like these, and stagger them so they can be fed through the hole separately.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You can use something like these, and stagger them so they can be fed through the hole separately.

Yeah I thought of those.... the only thing I don't like is that it could potentially come unplugged up in the tower pipe and then I'd never get the wire out. Could tie a string on it or something...??? Serves the purpose of having a "plug" and it's not too big.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yeah I thought of those.... the only thing I don't like is that it could potentially come unplugged up in the tower pipe and then I'd never get the wire out. Could tie a string on it or something...??? Serves the purpose of having a "plug" and it's not too big.
What I would do is cover each on in heat shrink. They won't come lose that way. When you need to remove them, just cut the heat shrink off, and put new shrink on when season starts.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What I would do is cover each on in heat shrink. They won't come lose that way. When you need to remove them, just cut the heat shrink off, and put new shrink on when season starts.
Yeah, thought of that after I posted. Already ordered some connectors, heat shrink tub and a heat gun. Will post some updated pics once I install. Might do it this weekend since I have to replace the Fusion radio on the swim platform as well.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yeah, thought of that after I posted. Already ordered some connectors, heat shrink tub and a heat gun. Will post some updated pics once I install. Might do it this weekend since I have to replace the Fusion radio on the swim platform as well.
I have a few of these that I use at home and work (Snap-on) Better than a heat gun because you can solder small circuits too, and it comes with numerous tips, including a heat gun tip.