• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext concerns ar250

Redwhiteandblue

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey yall!
Playing around while detailing the ar 250 today. Notice the connext screen unable to set time, also, showing 0.0 engine hours. I cant seem to find much information in the manual. Is this because the boat is in float mode? The manual states the engine hrs are unable to be reset in the trip meter. The boat has 4 hrs under the wellness tab.

20210417_141519.jpg20210417_141537.jpg

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That seems to be normal, same behavior on mine. When in float mode you cant get the engine hrs. or the clock to show. I think everything else pretty much works on there though.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Must be a software issue with the newer units that changed how the display shows info. My 2020 shows everything sitting in the driveway. Engine hours on the Trip Info screen can not be reset, while most of the other info can be reset to zero. But under the Wellness screen I can reset the hours since last maintenance. I also notice yours doesn't change the screen tabs - mine goes from the "measure tape" symbol to "Trip Info" and yours has 7 icons in the warning area bottom-center and mine has 5. I wonder if a software update is available to fix your Trip Info so it shows all the time? What good is trip info if it doesn't show your last trip? 🤪

12 hours.jpg

Redwhiteandblue

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That seems to be normal, same behavior on mine. When in float mode you cant get the engine hrs. or the clock to show. I think everything else pretty much works on there though.
Oh, thank goodness. And yes everything else works but what was mentioned. Seems silly to me, but if that's my biggest issue so far, I'll take it!

Redwhiteandblue

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Must be a software issue with the newer units that changed how the display shows info. My 2020 shows everything sitting in the driveway. Engine hours on the Trip Info screen can not be reset, while most of the other info can be reset to zero. But under the Wellness screen I can reset the hours since last maintenance. I also notice yours doesn't change the screen tabs - mine goes from the "measure tape" symbol to "Trip Info" and yours has 7 icons in the warning area bottom-center and mine has 5. I wonder if a software update is available to fix your Trip Info so it shows all the time? What good is trip info if it doesn't show your last trip? 🤪

View attachment 147249
I deleted the trip info, just to see what would happen, lol. Im hoping it's a software issue. I have taken it out twice, but didn't have much time to just play around with the screen until yesterday. Seems silly and too fancy for my personal taste, but im sure I'll come around!

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So how do you like your 250 so far? I'm debating how much longer I'll wait before I buy a burner boat and then just order a 2022? The only thing that I'd REALLY like to have on the other 25s is the big bimini and a full screen. The screen downsizing just bugs the piss out of me.

Redwhiteandblue

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So how do you like your 250 so far? I'm debating how much longer I'll wait before I buy a burner boat and then just order a 2022? The only thing that I'd REALLY like to have on the other 25s is the big bimini and a full screen. The screen downsizing just bugs the piss out of me.
I love it so far (4 hrs)
The screen definitely makes you feel like you bought the base model. I actually like the Bimini. No skeleton frame to see when not being used. And the 250 appears to be adequate, for me anyway.

One suprise for me...I actually really like the carpet. So much so, I belive I'll keep it and just add seadek on the stern, gunwales, and bow. It's not the typical carpet from a decade ago, it feels like a sicky rubber type material? It's cushion under feet. Will see how it handles the heat in a month or two

For the price, being 25', im very pleased with the value when comparing to similar sized boats.

My biggest gripe other than the screen, the stereo is crap if you like a nice system. If you don't care much, it's not terrible to just play some music. The interior in my opinion is kind of "cheap" the seats just don't appear to be too rugged. They smudge easy being pure white. I would have loved a little more grey in them. The decals are also crappy. They didn't look bad design wise, but the placement just doesn't work for me. I removed them all and just have the green stripe. Again, were talking a 25' boat for 61k so can't complain too much! Best of luck finding one!

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We feel the same, we love the boat. The screen is smaller, but apart from the nav, its size doesn't bother me. I had always planned on adding an external plotter anyway so having a backup from the factory is a nice addition. I'm still learning the local waters around here since i'm new in the area, but already I can see not needing the nav from factory to cruise the local areas. Everything else on the screen is a good size for me, no complaints there.

The jury is still out on the radio/music situation. So far, the fam is fine with it, to me it's just ok and I will be updating it in the near future, but for now, i'm tolerating it.

Redwhiteandblue

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We feel the same, we love the boat. The screen is smaller, but apart from the nav, its size doesn't bother me. I had always planned on adding an external plotter anyway so having a backup from the factory is a nice addition. I'm still learning the local waters around here since i'm new in the area, but already I can see not needing the nav from factory to cruise the local areas. Everything else on the screen is a good size for me, no complaints there.

The jury is still out on the radio/music situation. So far, the fam is fine with it, to me it's just ok and I will be updating it in the near future, but for now, i'm tolerating it.
I honestly don't mind the screen being 7", id prefer it to not be inside that 12" bezzle though if they gonna skimp on the base model lol!

Jdorta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey yall!
Playing around while detailing the ar 250 today. Notice the connext screen unable to set time, also, showing 0.0 engine hours. I cant seem to find much information in the manual. Is this because the boat is in float mode? The manual states the engine hrs are unable to be reset in the trip meter. The boat has 4 hrs under the wellness tab.

View attachment 147144View attachment 147145
I found that I need to start the engines to see the hrs

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yup...engines need to be running to see engine hours.
That's a programming change - I have the same 7" screen and can see the hours all the time.