• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext doesn’t turn off

Buckeye Fan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
When I turn my house battery on my connext comes on and it doesn’t turn off until I turn the battery off. With the keys in the on or off position it doesn’t matter. 2019 212x

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There is about a 10 second delay after I turn the key off on mine.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You may want to cycle the key off/on/off/on. I read somewhere you have to do this, but my boat is new to me as well and I'm still learning its little quirks.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Did you try turning one key to on then off?

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Also try holding down the courtesy light button for about 5 seconds or so. That should shut the Connext off even if the battery is still on.

Frankly, I wish my Connext would stay on with both keys off after shutting the engines down. I have to leave at least one key on after pulling into a cove and killing the engines one at a time to keep the Connext (and music) on.

Jeff

Buckeye Fan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sometimes it shuts off sometimes it doesn’t. It’s weird

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm having the same issue as Buckeye--mine is a brand new 2019 that I haven't had in the water yet. Even without the key in the ignition the screen turns on as soon as I flip on the house battery and wont turn off until I turn off the house battery. Start Battery is in the off position the entire time--not sure if that makes a difference or not as I didn't think to try it. This can't be normal can it???

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm having the same issue as Buckeye--mine is a brand new 2019 that I haven't had in the water yet. Even without the key in the ignition the screen turns on as soon as I flip on the house battery and wont turn off until I turn off the house battery. Start Battery is in the off position the entire time--not sure if that makes a difference or not as I didn't think to try it. This can't be normal can it???
When you flip on the battery switch, try cycling the key on/off. Wait about 10 seconds..... Mine has about an 8/10 second delay before it shuts off.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
When you flip on the battery switch, try cycling the key on/off. Wait about 10 seconds..... Mine has about an 8/10 second delay before it shuts off.
I'll give it a try, thanks!

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mine is as @Quickdraw & @redthumper9 and @Buckeye Fan describe. This is completely different from my previous boat (2016 AR240). On that boat I would flip both switches (house and start) in the port side rear storage area at the same time while I was uncovering the boat. However , the blower and bilge would NOT kick on until I put the keys in the ignition and flipped to accessory position. On this 19- 242LSE I also flip both master switches at the same time and Connex comes on immediately with the blower and bilge BEFORE ever putting the single key in the ignition ? Hadn't even thought about it until reading this thread !!

Last edited:

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I finally got to take my new E-Series out on the water over the weekend and loved it! As far as the Connext screen not turning off--you must have the house and starter battery on in order for the key to turn the system off. If you only have the house battery on then you have to turn off the house battery in order to shut down the connext. Not sure why Yamaha designed it this way, but this is what I found with my boat.

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Makes some sense, I guess. If you want to turn only the starter battery off and play the sound system while anchored for hours, you don't need to leave a key on to do so. And you can always turn off the Connext, even with the house battery on, by holding down the courtesy light button for a few seconds.

Jeff

Last edited:

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I finally got to take my new E-Series out on the water over the weekend and loved it! As far as the Connext screen not turning off--you must have the house and starter battery on in order for the key to turn the system off. If you only have the house battery on then you have to turn off the house battery in order to shut down the connext. Not sure why Yamaha designed it this way, but this is what I found with my boat.
Congrats on the new boat, do you not have the alarm going if you only turn on the house battery switch? I can't turn on just one battery switch without the alarms screaming.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat, do you not have the alarm going if you only turn on the house battery switch? I can't turn on just one battery switch without the alarms screaming.
Thanks! You just have to hit the mute button every 5 minutes or so to shut up the alarms...

birdielane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Relatively new owner of a 2018 212x and the Connext is still a mystery. Would like some way for it to stay on (music) when engines shut off (usually just switching wakeboarders) to avoid the piercing startup beep. Sometimes it stays on, sometimes not - I thought maybe when bluetooth attached but today it didn't work that way. And when Connext does stay on when engines stopped, then I can't get it turned off unless I turn off at battery. Other than this little annoyance, really enjoying the boat! I'll try the nav light and toggling on/off to turn off, but really wonder what keeps it on 'sometimes' when I turn engines off.