• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext ERR on all readings

Tim in MD

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2019 AR210. I was out yesterday for about an hour of running, no problem. While cruising along at 20 mph or so I got a "communication error" message on the Connext screen, along with an audible alarm, and ERR readings for MPH, depth, and temperature (I should have taken a pic but I didn't). I had an option to push "next" or "quit". "Next" accomplished nothing, so I hit "quit." The alarm stopped, but the ERR readings continued. After a minute or so the alarm came back, and this time neither next nor quit accomplished anything. The alarm sounded continuously.

I therefore shut down the engines, waited a couple minutes, started up, and for about 5 seconds I got a Zero MPH reading, but then "communication error," and then the same as above. Tried twice more, same thing.

Any advice? I'll be out on the boat again this weekend.

Thanks for any help!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have a 2019 AR210. I was out yesterday for about an hour of running, no problem. While cruising along at 20 mph or so I got a "communication error" message on the Connext screen, along with an audible alarm, and ERR readings for MPH, depth, and temperature
Sounds like the transducer at the rear of the hull bottom is failing. The transducer reads depth and temp, and there's a built-in paddle wheel that tracks speed over the water. All three failing seems to suggest the transducer is failing. Or perhaps just a loose/corroded connection to the transducer.

Tim in MD

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @212s that's very helpful. I know next to nothing about transducers, but I would guess the portion of the black box that measures depth is very different from the portion that measures temperature, which is very separate from the paddlewheel. So, I'm (optimistically) thinking it's much more likely to be a connection (as you indicate in your last sentence) than the transducer itself? I'm hoping, anyway, since I have some chance of finding a corroded or loose connection, but no chance of finding something wrong inside the black box (although I suppose it could be a connection inside the black box). Does my thinking make sense to anyone?

Tim in MD

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was on the boat this weekend, and the Connext ERR came on as soon as I started the engines. I tried to find the transducer to see if the contacts may be corroded. Easy to see the transducer outside the hull, but inside the engine compartment, it appears to be completely blocked by the starboard engine - I couldn't locate it. Has anyone with a recent vintage AR210 every done anything, or had a problem, with the temp/depth/mph transducer connections in the engine compartment? Is it accessible without removing the engine? I have access to a "general boat mechanic" at the local marina, but it's difficult to get the boat to the Yamaha dealer. Not sure if the local mechanic will be of any help.

Delta Hop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was on the boat this weekend, and the Connext ERR came on as soon as I started the engines. I tried to find the transducer to see if the contacts may be corroded. Easy to see the transducer outside the hull, but inside the engine compartment, it appears to be completely blocked by the starboard engine - I couldn't locate it. Has anyone with a recent vintage AR210 every done anything, or had a problem, with the temp/depth/mph transducer connections in the engine compartment? Is it accessible without removing the engine? I have access to a "general boat mechanic" at the local marina, but it's difficult to get the boat to the Yamaha dealer. Not sure if the local mechanic will be of any help.
The issue is very likely a loose connection on your battery switch. I have the same year boat but mine is an AR240 with the same problem and just posted about this today. This is a known issue of the connection at the battery switch loosening from the factory. Another member here shared there experience which was very helpful. I snugged the battery switch connector and it fixed the problem. However, I came across another problem as a result regarding media (see my recent post). Just FYI, accessing the back of the battery switch is a pain since there are a combination of screws that screw into the wood panel but also machined screws that screw into nuts that are not accessible from the other side since it is not accessible from the engine compartment.

Last edited:

Koly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
WATER ERR . Cant help you with that. I have to push the red put and then push quit. I have 2019 sx195. Ever since I sucked up a bunch of wood debri it hasn't been the same. I've read that if you reconnect your battery or change an fuse. But Im gonna take my boat in after the weather cools down then get it all squared away.. boat runs fine. just a pain in the ass having to push the quit button and then quit button every 15-20 minutes. doesnt affect the performance. My boat say ERR for the MPH and I dont have depth finder access. Hope this helps out. If anyone has a solution please help me out..