• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext media locked and won't "turn on" - 2019 Yamaha AR 240

Delta Hop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello All. Recently, my 2019 Yamaha AR240 came up with the Communication Error: SPU25-15, Joystick and Depth Transudcer and GPS error. Subsequently displayed an "ERR" on the home screen where speed, water temp and compass were lost. After some research on the forum, it looked like it might have been a lose connection on one of the battery switches. I checked the start battery switch and noted that a connection was loose. I disassembled the battery switch and snugged up all of the connectors. Lo and behold, it fixed the problem. No more problem with the Communication Error or intermittent alarms that need to be silenced. HOWEVER, the problem is now all of the media has a lock icon next to it (e.g. FM, bluetooth, radio, Aux etc...). Connext is showing that the media is turned off. But, when I press the on button, it does not turn any of the media on, although the screen is responsive to being touched when I press turn on. I can turn the radio on from the swim deck but the connext screen still shows that all the forms of media are locked. I double checked my batteries and I do not see any unconnected grounds that may have been missed. Interestingly, when I had the radio on, if I press the "turn on" button, it sounds slightly like it is transmitting hum as though there is a missing ground somewhere. Has anybody experienced this before or any thoughts on how to approach this?

Attachments

Last edited:

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yup low voltage or poor connections can cause this error. Sounds like you need to get the radio to re-check for connections. On my Fusion I had to go to the head unit and tell it to forget my phone and then pair with it again to unlock the BT media. USB won't unlock if it can't find a source so mine is locked all the time which is fine. Also you can run full start/stop cycles 5 times to reset the Connext error - turn on the batteries and wait for everything to boot up like you're ready to start the engines. Turn off the batteries for 5 seconds. Repeat 4 more times and it should clear the error.

Delta Hop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup low voltage or poor connections can cause this error. Sounds like you need to get the radio to re-check for connections. On my Fusion I had to go to the head unit and tell it to forget my phone and then pair with it again to unlock the BT media. USB won't unlock if it can't find a source so mine is locked all the time which is fine. Also you can run full start/stop cycles 5 times to reset the Connext error - turn on the batteries and wait for everything to boot up like you're ready to start the engines. Turn off the batteries for 5 seconds. Repeat 4 more times and it should clear the error.
I will try this and report back. Thank you for the input!!

Delta Hop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello, just tried this and unfortunately it did not fix the issue. I also pulled out the head unit to check for corrosion and sprayed QD electronics as well to no avail. I noticed that the firmware was out of date on the transom radio so I upgraded to the latest version and still no fix. Next step will be to try and do a reset/recalibration of the Connext screen

rocky4x479

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Old thread I know but was there ever a resolution?

Koly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
WATER ERR . Cant help you with that. I have to push the red put and then push quit. I have 2019 sx195. Ever since I sucked up a bunch of wood debri it hasn't been the same. I've read that if you reconnect your battery or change an fuse. But Im gonna take my boat in after the weather cools down then get it all squared away.. boat runs fine. just a pain in the ass having to push the quit button and then quit button every 15-20 minutes. doesnt affect the performance. My boat say ERR for the MPH and I dont have depth finder access. Hope this helps out. If anyone has a solution please help me out..

Delta Hop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Old thread I know but was there ever a resolution?
I fixed the problem. It turned out that the swim deck radio was bad and needed to be replaced. Once I swapped it, no issues

rocky4x479

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I fixed the problem. It turned out that the swim deck radio was bad and needed to be replaced. Once I swapped it, no issues
Yep same with mine, had rust coming out of xm port put new one in and filled all the openings on back with silicone we shall see how long this “fix” holds up lol

chatuger

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
2020 242SE -- The Media page of my Connext screen would display, but all of the sources had a padlock in the top left corner. The Media page was not responsive to the touch. I learned that the head unit is the Fusion panel on the starboard side of the swim platform. It wouldn't power on. I removed the Fusion panel and found a blown 15 AMP fuse covered by a rubber cap on the back of it. Replacing the fuse fixed the problem. To remove the Fusion panel, look for thumbnail slots on the left and right sides. Use a flathead screwdriver to pop the caps off. Beneath each cap are two screws. Remove the screws and the Fusion panel will slide out.