• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Screen alignment issue

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did my 10 hour service this weekend and noticed water temperature on my Connext screen was partially cutoff. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there an adjustment for this somewhere?

IMG_20170116_130348386_HDR.jpg

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same here depeding on the digits displayed. I have not found a way to adjust so if you figure it out please do reply to this thread.

I find it odd that the unit designator (F) is displayed twice. My assumption is that it is a N2K to value conversion programming mistake in the software. Ie the designator was already mapped for the GUI but when converting the n2k vaule from the transducer someone also included the designator in the displayed value.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Same here depeding on the digits displayed. I have not found a way to adjust so if you figure it out please do reply to this thread.

I find it odd that the unit designator (F) is displayed twice. My assumption is that it is a N2K to value conversion programming mistake in the software. Ie the designator was already mapped fir the GUI but when converting the n2k vaule from the transducer someone also included the designator in the displayed value.
Yeah....I'll bet the UI didn't anticipate the Large F being there and only account for 3 digits of space for the value, with the first digit only ever being blank or a 1. If the temp gets to 200F the owner has either jumped off the boat because it is on fire, or the thermo nuclear device will render the operator unable to complain about the cutoff digits!

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

I find it odd that the unit designator (F) is displayed twice. My assumption is that it is a N2K to value conversion programming mistake in the software. Ie the designator was already mapped fir the GUI but when converting the n2k vaule from the transducer someone also included the designator in the displayed value.
Don't think I noticed the issue before because the water temp was in the 70s last time I looked. Honestly, didn't even notice the double "F" until you pointed it out. Annoying this stuff isn't caught and fixed on a 50K+ boat.

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine has the same problem (2016 242 LS). At dealer now. Connext being replaced because of this and delamination. Dealer sent photo to yamaha and they confirmed knowledge of the problem. Being replaced under warranty.