• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext show battery at 11.9v but battery test shows 12.58v

Kaschool

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2020 AR210 - problem as above in title. Anyone else seeing this or got any ideas? Seems to be a pretty big descrepency. I used a multimeter to check the battery.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I get readings about 0.4V lower than actual on my boat.... really not a big deal. Most likely due to voltage drop along small gauge wires since the voltage is not measured at the battery.

Kaschool

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK thanks for the quick response... maybe not a huge deal but a bit annoying - especially since I'm not sure if I can trust that it will always be relative. so I'm just going to assume mine reads 0.6-0.7v under actual.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
OK thanks for the quick response... maybe not a huge deal but a bit annoying - especially since I'm not sure if I can trust that it will always be relative. so I'm just going to assume mine reads 0.6-0.7v under actual.
Yup, as long as the readings are relative, it's not an issue. Check and confirm readings when the engine is running (probably will be the same here), off, and after using battery power for a while like listening to tunes. If they remain about the same voltages off, you know it's just a relative reading.