• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Touchscreen Unresponsive

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm almost positive the answer is "It's dead", but I wanted to check first. The connext touchscreen on my 2017 242 LSE has been off since we purchased it. It started as just being horribly calibrated. You would have to touch the screen an inch below the button you wanted to push. Now, nothing besides the top menu bar will register a touch. I have tried the calibration many times, but it wont register the bottom calibration points either. I've disconnected power, tried using a stylus, and did an entire reset. Still the only touch that works is the top row of menu items. Am I missing something, or is it toast?

Yoda715

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like it's toast. I bought my 2016 242x used and it was exhibiting similar behavior to yours. I ordered a replacement screen and swapped it out, and it fixed all the touch issues.

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. Do you have a good source for a replacement? I'm guessing they are not cheap.

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like it's toast. I bought my 2016 242x used and it was exhibiting similar behavior to yours. I ordered a replacement screen and swapped it out, and it fixed all the touch issues.
When you swap the screen, does it effect the display of engine hours?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I believe the screen is just a display of information - engine hours are likely stored in the ECU module for the engine.

Yoda715

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, it did for mine - went back down to 0. No idea how to make it be the actual engine hours.

Yoda715

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. Do you have a good source for a replacement? I'm guessing they are not cheap.
I got mine from Partzilla. And yes, it is not cheap. If I have to do it again, I'll probably look at swapping the whole console to the MY '18 screens and console deck as it's cheaper and a bigger screen. But likely more work.