• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Console glove compartment

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Just in case anyone thinks that locking the glove compartment keeps things secure think again. You can use any key or knife point to turn the lock on the glove compartment to open it. I keep my iPilot remote in mine for charging and protection so might look into a 2nd locking mechanism. Always worried about theft because the one day you get lazy is the day some idiot runs off with your stuff.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Agreed, and don't think that console is secure at all either. Just give it a little pull and it will pop right open.

CharlieEcho

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Funny story, I had not seen this post and last month that hinge opened up going down the highway. My boat registration card, upgraded Map/Chart SD card, and various spare parts flew out of the boat, and not to mention a bunch of crap my wife shoved in there. I was a pissed to say the least and now it only stores a small LED spotlight and 12v air pump.

SgtBFGunner

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine is also not water proof. Papers get wet in there during a rain as well.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Mine has a drain at the bottom. However when I looked to see where it goes it just a 3 or 4 inch tube that potentially will drain into the storage area and not exit the boat.

CharlieEcho

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
There is no drain in the FSH.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
9E9E9794-B74F-42BA-8ABB-8492BC7E616E.jpeg
I put in a glove box that can be relied on for my keys wallet & reg.

SgtBFGunner

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A glove box should not need a drain, or be wet. Don't know why they can't waterproof them.