• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Cool video I got from a friend

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Last edited:
Very cool!

I do appreciate it. @Jon2theGram originally posted it on yjb and I posted a link to it on the summer go pro shorts thread (close to the bottom of page 7, https://jetboaters.net/threads/post-your-summer-boating-gopro-shorts.1796/page-7).

That is one hell of a good video, I thought the opening seen was animated until I saw the close up of the fly fisherman. Following the tree line with a quadcopter is not something I will get used to doing anytime soon and the high speed just above the water footage, I'd need to get my bird waterproofed first.

I just got a gimbal which levels out the camera automatically allows me to tilt it 90 straight down. I'm a little bummed since it was 8 weeks late and the seasons is over. Now I've got an expensive piece of equipment that is getting very little use lately. John gave me something to aspire to but it may be years, if ever, before I can put together a video like that.

Great video! In the last minute where he flies from above the lake over the house between the trees and power lines in very impressive my man has got some skills I would be terrified to even attempt that.

that was amazing! Love it!

Wow. What is the radio range of the controllers? Seems like they were quite far form the operator.

@buckbuck I have seen videos on youtube where these guys will literally fly some of these things into the clouds. Here is another ok one this guys has it down in Bimini in the Bahamas. Not quite the same quality of the one from this post at the lake but still pretty good but you get a good idea of distance and speed this thing can do.

Wow @Evil Sports that video was awesome.

@robert843 that one is incredible too.

Those guys have a lot of money and talent too.

The stock transmitter range on a dji phantom is 1,000 feet for the video it's 300 feet but both can be boosted to over a milewith aftermarket antennaes. The top of the line Phantom (phantom 2 vision +) is about $1,300 before taxes and mods.

The most risky flying I saw was next to the tops of the tall trees. If it gets stuck in one it would be very difficult if not impossible to retrieve. Currently, everytime I fly I'm putting $1,800 at risk.
Once, if ever, I accept this I think my flying will get more daring and clips better.

Last edited:
I think these things are cool I looked at them hard back in the spring they are a little pricey but not really to bad for what it does. They where a lot less expensive than i thought they where going to be when I started looking I figured it would be 3-4K was fairly surprised when I saw you could get a descent one for under 2k. The biggest problem I had was I don't trust anyone else to drive my boat and I definitely wasn't going to trust anyone else to fly the drone ;) so I wound up not getting one as figured I would probably use it the most on the water, but the definitely open up a whole another world of video possibilities for you.

My buddy showed me his fat shark goggles the other day. I'm sooooo close to diving into hobby!!

Www.fatshark.com
I have those, they are badass...Whole different world of flying.

Just go on youtube and search for "fpv quadcopter"

I started looking at FPV goggles to get the pure feeling of it but the ones sure to work are made my Zeiss and they cost $700. Hopefully, the $80 solution will do the job for me.

$2K is cheap, some rigs go for $15K and can lift 55 lbs.

Here is a link to someone else's video that I originally posted on yjb in Feb. of this year. The editing is not nearly as good as @Jon2theGram 's but it's still a good video (maybe I just like the content, lots of power boats and some hot women).

I would be reluctant to fly so low over such expensive boats but admittedly I'm risk averse. 99% of the boat owners are probably "cool" but there always seems to be that 1% who want you to replace the entire boat if you put a 1 mm scratch in it.

Filmed with a go pro on a DJI Phantom 1 I think, which by the way can be purchased for $479 (sometimes less than $400) without the camera $ 499 with a dji camera and FPV / camera control via a smart phone. Not bad considering that both are less than or equal to the cost of a new gopro4 black edition. What would you rather have an action camera or one you can fly?

Dji phantom links of Helicopter World / Century Helicopter in San Jose, CA.

phantom 1 no camera - http://www.heli-world.com/dji-phantom-1-1-1-rtf-aerial-uav-drone-quadcopter-for-gopro-djiphntm.html

Phantom 1 with dji camera (aka fc40) http://www.heli-world.com/dji-phantom-fc40-photo-video-uav-drone-quadcopter-djiphfc40.html

General Phantom product page - http://www.heli-world.com/dji-phantom.html
(It hurts to see that the p2v that I bought is already $300 less than it was when I bought it in December of last year).

Sweet Video, Glassy lake looks so nice

OK, I am in the dark on these things. How do you fly them and keep the camera lens pointed at an object?

OK, I am in the dark on these things. How do you fly them and keep the camera lens pointed at an object?

The Good ones have RED and GREEN lights on them so you can see from the Ground, there is also some trial and Error when you 1st get them...you will figure it out after a few tests

Actually the "good" ones have first person viewing capability so that you see in real time on your cell phone or through goggles whatever the camera sees. Many also have GPS stabilization to keep it in a hover within a X foot box. The lights are nice and help the pilot Identify which way the heli is pointed but only good to around 100 feet, after that the heli along with the lights can become very hard to see. At 200 feet mine is the size of a pencil eraser.

Back