1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. After selling out of last years red and blue models, Eric Justason has ordered another round of Koozies. The new color options are Blue with Yellow Logo, Red with Black Logo and Yellow with Blue Logo. He is making them available for $1.25 each. You can order yours via his Order Form or you can discuss them in this Thread. All proceeds from Koozie sales go into future SWAG production and event sponsorship.

(Clicking the X in the top right hand corner will dismiss this notice).
    Dismiss Notice

Coolant in engine bay after winter

Discussion in 'Rotax Engine Topics' started by Glastronjet, May 17, 2017 at 9:38 AM.

1. Glastronjet

Glastronjet New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    GTS
    Boat Length:
    So I opened the engine bay on my Glastron GTS 187 this spring and found coolant had been leaking out. It looked like a mix of coolant and water, as my tarp had likely leaked a little over the winter as well. My reservoir was full when I winterized it but is almost empty now. I followed the proper method for winterization. I spoke to a BRP dealer and the manager said the connector on the reservoir tank is notorious for expanding and contracting over the winter, causing leaking. I just wanted to see if anyone else has this issue. It gets super cold here over the winter, about -35 Celsius, so what he is saying is plausible.

2. BobJohnson

BobJohnson Jet Boat Lover

Ratings:
    +232 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Chaparral
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    VR
    Boat Length:
    My boat has seen 2 relatively mild Chicago winters. Have not experienced any leaking of the coolant.

3. S.peay

S.peay Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Scarab
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    HO Impulse
    Boat Length:
    My scarab did that over the past winter. Replace the factory hose clamp with something better on the bottom of the coolant Reservoir. This is fairly common from my knowledge anyway.