• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coolant Question

dgsanford1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Just Picked up a brand new 2022 165 with the 300 Rotax yesterday. Took it out for a shake down at my local lake (1.5 hours from the dealer). This morning as I was just in the garage wishing it were the weekend I noticed the Coolant take was almost at the low limit.

I looked in the Rotax Manual and it says to use BRP 460835 coolant. All I can seem to find is BRP 779150. Does anyone know what the difference in the two is? I have tried to look but am coming up short on answers.

Thank in advance. I am working on putting up pictures of the new boat.

-Doug

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Did you contact the dealer? Tell them you noticed it's low. Maybe they'll give you some.

dgsanford1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Finally heard back from my dealer. They say that those two part numbers are the same thing. One is for a Rotax "Installed in a Boat" and the other is for a Rotax "Installed in a Jet Ski".....weird but ok.
And they also said that any Orange DexCool is fine to use. "Save some money and but it at Napa".

I figured this was the case....but with 0 Hours still showing on the boat I didn't feel like I could be too over cautious.....