• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cooler Options

Tyler Tressler

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Been stalking the boards for awhile finally decided to join.

We've been searching for a replacement for the less than desirable cooler that comes with the FSH. We tried the Yeti 45 and it's a hair too tall. When measuring we missed the bar that runs under the seat.

Anyone have any options that they've found or used?

Thanks!

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Welcome aboard!!

I thought about doing this as well but think I am going to build some type of bait storage system to go under the seat instead that I can take in and out if needed. The cheap cooler in this spot is a good place to toss fish and a little ice instead of stinking up a good cooler. I ended up putting my Pelican 45 behind my seat when I need to get my bow up in rough water otherwise move the cooler to the front of the boat. I believe a smaller Pelican or Orca will fit this location and I suggest those over Yeti after doing some research on what coolers hold ice the longest. To get a high end cooler to fit this spot those coolers are just too small in the inside for me.

CharlieEcho

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Welp, I finally found a really nice replacement cooler for the FSH around $100. Its a roto from China that has been doing just fine. It held 30 lbs of ice for almost 3 days while being opened many times each day, so I was very pleased. Now, you do loose a little bit of space by volume compared to the crap factory cooler, but its not much and we had no problem loading it full of ice, beverage, and snacks to last a full day plus part of the next day.

It is a Giantex 40 Quart Heavy Duty Cooler.

Here is the link: http://a.co/d/dM9ohmI

** The cooler does not fit out of the box. **
You must take the rubber feet off the bottom of the cooler with a phillips-head screwdriver. After the feet are off she fits in there REAL nice.

ENJOY AND YOU'RE WELCOME!!!

Pics for reference:

20181008_174016.jpg 20181008_174023.jpg