• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cooler to slide under the spotters bench

travalab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We have been using a cooler and just placing it in the middle of the boat, but it takes up too much room. I was wondering if anyone has found a cooler that slides under the seat? If I can't find something I was thinking of putting the cooler down in the ski locker. Any suggestions?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

travalab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yea I like this option except it's on the small side and the cooler lid doesn't have a hinge. The second thing isn't that big of a deal. Has anyone found a cooler that fits good down in the ski locker? If so, how do you keep it secure so it doesn't bang around down there.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

Christian Rodriguez

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I keep mine under the seat behind the captains chair, it's pretty big and helps balance out since no one seems to sit there. Just can't grab any drinks underway unless you leave the cushion off.

travalab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I just picked up the 38qt Igloo cooler from Walmart, that does or doesn't come with the boat depending on who you ask. 25$ it holds plenty and will be out of the way under the seat. A little bit of a pain in the ass to take the cushion up every time, but I think its the best compromise. Thanks for all the input!

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm wondering if anyone has found any additional options since July?

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I keep the cooler (that came with the boat) in the head along with a trash can and whatever dry snacks we have. Under the cushion is too much of a pain when you need a beer. If we have a lot of food with us it will go under the cushion in another cooler.

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@sstegh thanks for the follow up. I'm hoping someone has come across a great cooler that will fit under the bench of my 192 for the reason you listed, moving a cushion every time to get a drink seems awful.

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice lol. I did buy one of those last summer but only used it about twice. With my old LS2000 it took up a lot of space and was difficult to air up ect. I'm hoping with the new AR it'll be a little bit easier!

Russ C

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@paratrooper39 They are no YETI, the coolers are thin walled and the lid even worse. I pre-chill the drinks in the fridge the night before, I can usually get about 8 hours without all the ice melting. I would say they are on the low end for efficiency. I still use them because they fit so well.

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really wanted a YETI but hell they are soooo expensive and no where really great to put it that I can tell so far. That being said, I've only been in the new boat twice for a total of maybe 45 min so I'll have to look around more once it comes out of storage.

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
x3 on the coleman party stacker. I wouldn't say its a great cooler but it does the job on our ar192 and fits nicely under the bench seat.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Funny story about that cooler space.... When we originally bought a yamaha, we bought a AR192 at the boat show. We were to take possession of the boat on the next delivery of yamahas. We had the same idea to store a cooler in that space and we went to our dealer to measure the space. Morgan jumped on the 212x and said "this is a really nice boat". Long story short....I now consider that cooler a $15000 upgrade!