• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Corona and Bimini trip

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
How has the Corona virus affected your plans for a Bimini trip ? I have not been on the forum for a couple of months due to a house move and work travels. ? My wife is telling me to put off the trip for 2020 due to the crazy situation outside.

cheers
Amar

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Same here... Wait and See.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Bahamas are closed. I don’t see that getting better any time soon.

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We had been planning to cross in June , ...that will have to be put on hold for now. At this point we’re aiming more like August or September (if things go well)

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
And from what i was seeing they are/where having total lockdowns on the weekends with mandatory curfues or similar. Would put a big damper on the fun for sure.

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How has the Corona virus affected your plans for a Bimini trip ? I have not been on the forum for a couple of months due to a house move and work travels. ? My wife is telling me to put off the trip for 2020 due to the crazy situation outside.

cheers
Amar
Many people planning to go, all will be fine by July 2020 so far we have 4 boats going

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here in Florida, governor giving hotels the green light to open May 1

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bahamas has started to reopen some things

"Prime Minister the Most Hon. Dr. Hubert Minnis announced the partial re-opening of home and hardware stores, auto parts establishments and plant nurseries, and the resumption of construction in the Family Islands during a press conference to update the nation on the national response to COVID-19, on Sunday 19 April."

It'll be slow but hopefully, planned trips will still be able to go.

Rotorwash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
for now holding out that we can still go on May 20th. If they are open we are planning on going. No better vacation to take for social distance than being on a secluded beach. Been planning this trip for 7 months and talking about it for 2 years. Just be mindful of social behavior.

Christiana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We canceled our Memorial Day week trip a few days ago. My husband is military and the DOD extended their travel ban until June 30. So we’ll be looking to reschedule for July!

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
As long as we can get customs clearance , stock up for a long weekend and self isolate on the islands in a slip is what I am thinking.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As long as we can get customs clearance , stock up for a long weekend and self isolate on the islands in a slip is what I am thinking.
At this point you can not rent a slip or clear customs. For a short time even locals were not allowed on the water. I would not be surprised if it stays that way for months.

Bahamians have very limited access to medical care. They also have very limited food supplies. I would not want to risk making them sick.

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I have a former colleague at the US Embassy in Nassau. He does not believe the islands will be open to visitors before the beginning of June.

*Edit* The Prime Minister is supposed to give a speech tomorrow on the plans to reopen.

This is all subject to the local authorities but based upon their relationships and the messaging. He thinks trips after June 15 should be okay for now. But wouldn't expect any before then to be cleared.

Last edited:

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

The 5 phase plan as announced by the PM. I'm not certain that even trips in July will get approval.

I don't think they can get from Phase 1a to 5 in a 8-12 weeks. Their economy is mainly tourism, but I'd be surprised at that jump when looking at the slow pace the states are talking about taking.

My friend said they had assumed tourism would be in phase 4 not 5.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

The 5 phase plan as announced by the PM. I'm not certain that even trips in July will get approval.

I don't think they can get from Phase 1a to 5 in a 8-12 weeks. Their economy is mainly tourism, but I'd be surprised at that jump when looking at the slow pace the states are talking about taking.

My friend said they had assumed tourism would be in phase 4 not 5.
Bummer. I was looking forward to July.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I canceled my reservations for,Bimini in June and plan to stay flexible if they reopen I will go but I have considered switch from going to Bimini to returning to Exuma again this year as its a little more isolated down there and on a daily basis pretty easy to go do stuff and never run into anyone except at the fuel dock so social distancing would be easier down there.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I canceled my reservations for,Bimini in June and plan to stay flexible if they reopen I will go but I have considered switch from going to Bimini to returning to Exuma again this year as its a little more isolated down there and on a daily basis pretty easy to go do stuff and never run into anyone except at the fuel dock so social distancing would be easier down there.
Which boat do you have Robert ?