• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Correct oil and plugs?

krypto69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Searched but wanted to be sure..

Correct oil and plugs for a 2015 Scarab 165 HO?

oil.jpg

NGK 4339 DCPR8E​

plugs.jpg

Correct for both. 3.25 quarts are needed of oil. But make sure not to overfill. I'd keep it under the half way mark on the dip stick. Too much oil is no needed and can hamper performance. They do sell nice little XPS oil change kits that comes with the right amount of oil, filter, o rings all ready to go. Just look for the XPS kits for 1500cc engines.

Note, they seem to be switchin from semi synhtetic to full synthetic. It's a brand new thing this year. Looks like they are discontinuing the blend oil. So you'll see both kits on the market. The blend is the proven oil being used for a long time. The full synthetic version SHOULD be approved assuming you got the right kit, but you'll definitely be on the cutting edge if you use that in the XPS world. I was planning on picking some up this week actually and asking my dealer about that change in person.

Note that those plugs have a silver terminal which needs to be unscrewed and removed entirely. That's what the 4339 means. There's another version of these plugs that have a darker terminal which is permanent. Hence, the 4339 is important.

Note that those plugs have a silver terminal which needs to be unscrewed and removed entirely. That's what the 4339 means. There's another version of these plugs that have a darker terminal which is permanent. Hence, the 4339 is important.

Sorry Luc - just noticed your comment. So I unscrew the top end of the plug? Doesn't it need that to make good connection? Would I be better off with a standard DCPR8E (non 4339) plugs? Like these:

1726921261132.png

No. It requires that specific version and is designed for it. The ignition coils won't make a proper connection otherwise. When you remove the old ones, you'll see there is no terminal. You just discard that.

Back