• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Couple sells all possessions for sailboat, sinks 2 days into trip

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/02/11/couple-sells-all-possessions-for-sailboat-sinks-2-days-into-trip.html

Let me say it again...F*%$#(ing Millenials !

couple highlights:
Tired of working at 24/26
Money isn't the most important thing (until you don't have any)..(then ask for others peoples money)
crisis strikes...(So curl up with your comfort dog)

I don't think these folks realize that sinking in the channel saved them from a death out at sea. idiots

and once the ship is rescued (drained).....should be good to go right!! turn the key !

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just pledged $500 to their go fund me account...:woot:

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They were quoted saying:

“How can we live our lives when we’re working most of the day and you have to pay so much just to live?”

So instead of working now they will get free help and money to continue with living their lives.
What idiots
Sounds like my 24 year old daughter who still cant back her Rav4 out of my driveway without my help.

I work with a lot of these millenials and almost all are the laziest workers i have ever worked with. And dumb.....

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I dont like the fact that i have spent 18 years in the US Army jumping out helicopters and getting shot at in shit hole countries to only be able to afford an 2016 SX240. No extra money for the AR240 ( full disclosure i spent way more than i had for my JL Audio system amd plan on adding more). I think I might go out into the Gulf this weekend and pull some drain plugs, maybe I can step my game up, get me a gofund me page and get one of the new 2018's.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The real dumb ones are the ones who contribute money to them.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The very last line of the story, guy says “money isn’t everything!”.
But he is begging for people to give them money to fulfill their “dream”...idiots.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am the first to admit that I have a very good work life balance. That said I proudly wore US over my left breast in foreign countries and did work very very long hours most days early in my current career (still do some days). No one ever gave me a dime for anything litterly.

Now people who prioritize dog toys because they forbid their pug to go without toys when abandoning ship are asking for other peoples money. I am lost for words.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
DB3AA51B-EBCB-445A-ACA5-28A88D211382.jpeg I want to post this every time I see it on FB.....along with about every other shared “viral” post.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Damn... From the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be the next instalment of @Betik's "The Odyssey of An Immature Captain".
I guess we will have to wait.
Disappointed.

--

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can't believe that people donate to stuff like this. Sold all your life's possessions for a cheap boat that you couldn't afford to insure? I guess they can get back to where they were with a few months of minimum wage work.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I heard a news story on the radio last week which stated that many millennials are already broke or in debt because they are copying each other and spending or borrowing money to travel to exotic places that they see on social media. Some at least have a plan to VLOG their adventures but many seem clueless about what it takes to make money VLOGing.

I’ve donated to various causes over the years and still do but if I was this guy I would be too embarrassed to ask anyone for a dime and surely wouldn’t want to advertise how stupid I was in a news interview. About the only thing I would say is thank you to my rescuers and I would try to do so off camera.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
These people are local and they are idiots. John's Pass is a very shallow channel. I would not go through it at night.

Don't group the millennials into one class. Plenty of us bust our ass. I work two jobs and am going to school for my MBA. Social media / News gives you this negative perception (just like a million other things that aren't really the norm among the population) Also don't class us with Generation Z. Millenials don't eat tide pods lol.

The difference between us and the last generation, is the dumb decisions we made early on are easily broadcast across social media. You guys weren't any better, you just didn't have a platform to broadcast it. Just remember what generation raised the lazy and dumb millenials, now we get to raise kids eating tide pods and setting them selves on fire. You guys started this domino affect into Idiocracy.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
A friend of mine graduated college in Wisconsin and promptly moved to Los Angeles to capitalize on her film editing degree. She found it difficult to break into the film business, got discouraged, and started making websites for local business while working from home. Even then, she got tired of working, so she sold all of her personal belongings and set out to travel around the world by herself, literally. She somehow managed to make this work by staying with people she met through blogs and friends of friends of friends every place she stayed. What's more surprising is through all of this, she didn't end up a statistic of rape of abduction in these 3rd world countries she was traveling through! She's an attractive blonde.....

After a year of this, she returned to LA and was disappointed that she couldn't find a good job. So, she ended up going on welfare and Obama Care. I can't even talk to her anymore because she's gone so far off the beaten path of logic. She's 1 step away from eating Tide Pods.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOL i saw this story.

I would be careful blaming the "millennials"though... we created them. LOL! times of excess, we relax. (80's) one generation past that excess(90's, 2000's) ...some lost touch with reality. Shielding our kids from difficulty. then Somewhere, we lost our way. the new "bar" is that success doesn't EVER require hard work, it only requires tons of student loan debt. We really should be blaming ourselves so we can fix the problem.

I do feel like the ship is righting itself right now. I am hopeful, but still nervous about the world my boys are inheriting. they are 14 and 11. They will have to navigate through their life with people like this in charge and I feel bad for them. LOL we talk about it often. In this world, one no longer has to BE great. You just have to be the person who shouts "I AM GREAT" the loudest. NOTE: This is not limited to millennials, but within that age, it is quite rampant.

I hope they enjoyed their 2 days of "sailing" LMAO

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A friend of mine graduated college in Wisconsin and promptly moved to Los Angeles to capitalize on her film editing degree. She found it difficult to break into the film business, got discouraged, and started making websites for local business while working from home. Even then, she got tired of working, so she sold all of her personal belongings and set out to travel around the world by herself, literally. She somehow managed to make this work by staying with people she met through blogs and friends of friends of friends every place she stayed. What's more surprising is through all of this, she didn't end up a statistic of rape of abduction in these 3rd world countries she was traveling through! She's an attractive blonde.....

After a year of this, she returned to LA and was disappointed that she couldn't find a good job. So, she ended up going on welfare and Obama Care. I can't even talk to her anymore because she's gone so far off the beaten path of logic. She's 1 step away from eating Tide Pods.

were all just a few REALLY bad years away from eating tide pods. LOL

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The difference between us and the last generation, is the dumb decisions we made early on are easily broadcast across social media. You guys weren't any better, you just didn't have a platform to broadcast it. Just remember what generation raised the lazy and dumb millenials, now we get to raise kids eating tide pods and setting them selves on fire. You guys started this domino affect into Idiocracy.
Thank you for helping out the sane millenials differentiate themselves. I think you have a valid point, that the ultra stupid of the lot, show up on social media very quickly, and the viral nature of stupidity does spread quickly.

I would also agree, that I am 100% glad there was no Internet, cell phones, cheap video cams, instagram, snapchat, when growing up. Many of us too would have been in jail before we grew up. (or at least grew up in our own eyes)

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would also agree, that I am 100% glad there was no Internet, cell phones, cheap video cams, instagram, snapchat, when growing up. Many of us too would have been in jail before we grew up. (or at least grew up in our own eyes)

I am 42 yrs old, but can say without any hesitation.... amen to this. ^ kids havent really changed... always been plenty of dumbf**kery to be found. But, now, their exploits can be documented. :hilarious: