• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Couple small scratches in Graphics sticker on side of SX210. What to do?

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looking for some opinions on if I should do anything with this or just leave it be. There are a few small scratches om the side of the boat on the sticker for the graphics. I guess I picked them up docking at restaurants and stuff. Sharpie was first thing that came to mind but the areas are red and black. Red sharpie probably wouldn't be a match I could do all black in the areas but not sure if it would look better or worse. It's not too bad of an eye sore but I'm pretty anal lol.

Any ideas or leave it be? Here's a few pics. Sorry the pics aren't the greatest lots of reflections in the garage.

Thanks!

Attachments

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would open a beer and move on to the next project. Dock rash is going to happen. Like you said black sharpie for the majority and leave the red alone. You probably will hardly notice.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What he said ^. I wouldn't go any farther than the Sharpie. The graphics are going to be expensive and replacing them is the only way to fix it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea not much you can do other than keep it simple. I wouldn't go as far to order a new graphic or anything. These kind of scratches are bound to happen. I picked up a nasty one last season from a trotline jug as my river is littered with them.

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@NewBoater Go to office Depot or Staples. They have a full array of sharpie colors. The red and black should be pretty easy to match. It won't be perfect but it will do a good jog of covering it up so it's not so obvious.

Cheers!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would remember the good times you had that resulted in that wear to your boat. Each scratch gets easier. The good times and memories are way more important.

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would remember the good times you had that resulted in that wear to your boat. Each scratch gets easier. The good times and memories are way more important.
I wish mine was a fond one. I'll take the blame as I didn't train the wife on pulling away from a dock properly. She knows now!

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jameskeller76, I bet you still had a fun day on the water. My boat lives inside and gets pretty good care but I would prefer to sell the boat for a little less after enjoying many many hours on her than to sell a perfect boat that we never enjoyed.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gotta love the dock rash, gonna happen again, Just remember "Chicks dig Scares"

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Another option is to remove the graphics and go without.

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used a Sharpie on mine and I'm pretty picky. It looked good but the Sharpie will wear off/fade after a while. I just re-do it and it lasts for a few more months.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for all the comments everyone! I agree that the marks are all good for the fun times had! I may do a little black sharpie or just leave it be :)