• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Courtesy Lights (Blue LED's) are very dim on 243vrx

MGrande305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
My blue LED courtesy lights are very dim on my 243vrx. They barely even light up the cup holders. Anyone know why this is, and how to fix it? thanks.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Couple thoughts off the top...Assuming your batteries are up to par (as everything on the boat runs off them - may check the connections at the battery), have you checked the actual switch? Try pulling the spade terminals off and putting them back on. If same result physically connect the wires together. Could the cup LED be dirty or blocked somehow?

Cliff2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Other
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
i'd unplug the light and put a volt meter across the contacts and see what voltage you are getting at the light. if its battery voltage, the light is the issue.
if you arent getting full voltage, start moving up the circuit. the switch, connections at it, the fuse box, and maybe even the battery connections themselves. do your voltage checks with the lights turned on. a voltage drop needs power flowing to see the drop, a bad contact can read 12 volts, when off, and low or no voltage when power is "flowing".

for a 2021 203, the light is 25.00015, "light- blue led bulkhead livewell light".
its one of the "not pictured" parts in the catalog, so i am never 100% sure on those parts. i hate chaparall for having not pictured parts in its catalogs.

i know they also offer a two tone light. blue goes white as you toggle the power off and back on. seems to be an option, and i dont know where to get its part number.
and the newest models, the speakers light up too.