• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cover Question

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is this cover OK to tow with? Description says for mooring, but I can't seem to find a cover that specifies for towing.

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Marine-Charcoal-Non-Tower-MAR-230MC-CH-18/dp/B076CTYHHS
I have towed with mine. the main thing to worry about is that the plastic buckles on the sides will slap against the boat and scratch it while towing. I cut come big pieces of pool noodle to cover the buckles when i tow with the cover on. I don't do it very often. If towing long distances most recommend a piece of pool noodle on the top edge of the windshield as well.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely put the pool noodle on the windshield. I tow with my shipping cover all the time, and it's showing significant signs of wear in that area.

arlowe13

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have towed with mine. the main thing to worry about is that the plastic buckles on the sides will slap against the boat and scratch it while towing. I cut come big pieces of pool noodle to cover the buckles when i tow with the cover on. I don't do it very often. If towing long distances most recommend a piece of pool noodle on the top edge of the windshield as well.
Are you talking about these buckles?

Attachments

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes those are the ones. I towed once without covering them and they scratched the crap out of the gelcoat. I was able to wet sand and get it good again, but never tow without extra protection on those again.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, I don’t use the anti pooling poles when towing. They would cause the fabric to stretch too much. IMO

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, those are the buckles. You can also use microfiber towels wrapped under the buckles. You might also want to search around a bit. I bought mine two years ago for an AR for around $540. Maybe prices have gone up that much in that time.

arlowe13

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, those are the buckles. You can also use microfiber towels wrapped under the buckles. You might also want to search around a bit. I bought mine two years ago for an AR for around $540. Maybe prices have gone up that much in that time.
I found it for $540, also.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dont take the anti pooling poles out. Never had an issue on any of the three boats Ive owned and traveled with the pooling poles in. Keep in mind that this is only short trips of 10 miles or so with a top speed of maybe 55.

Lawman25

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Leave in the anti-pooling polls. It's not going to stretch the cover anymore than it does while it's stationary as long as the cover is on right and poles set correctly. If you trailer with them out the cover is too loose and can flap around more causing a greater potential for damage. I trailer mine 80% of the time cover on, and on trips in excess of 200 miles at 70mph and never had a problem. Remember, Yamaha designed this cover system to be trailerable.