• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Covered Boat Storage in the Atlanta Area

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
We are relocating to the Atlanta area at the end of the month, with no house yet (a whole different subject) we have no place to keep the boat we we go down there this weekend and until we find a place to live. Looking for covered boat storage suggestions.

Hope to be able to put in ay Lake Allatoona and Lake Lanier early next month.. When does the season end there?

We are relocating to the Atlanta area at the end of the month, with no house yet (a whole different subject) we have no place to keep the boat we we go down there this weekend and until we find a place to live. Looking for covered boat storage suggestions.

Hope to be able to put in ay Lake Allatoona and Lake Lanier early next month.. When does the season end there?
For us the season never ends. We go by boat to the restaurants that remain open during winter time. I was in the water at Lanier on Saturday and it was just starting to turn a bit chilly but the sun was out. I think depending on your comfort level, lake swimming season has about 2-4 weeks left in it.

As for storage, sorry, not sure. I keep the boat at Port Royale on a lift. I've seen lots of boat storage areas on my way to the marina but I do not know rates or if they are any good.

Usually my family and I go for a "Thanksgiving weekend final cruise" your not swimming but you need a jacket for sure. I am on Allatoona and the Army Corps of Eng starts dropping the lake level starting in September. By late December the lake is 15ft below full pool and most of the launchs are closed, there is one deep public launch that is open all year. For example last year Nov 28th was our last outing and Mar 26th of this year was are first.

When it comes to the two lakes We really enjoy Allatoona, been on Lanier a few times. Lanier is 3x bigger with more restaurants, a water park and of course more to explore. Were I work made the decision of what lake we boat/live near. Lanier is the winner of the two lakes but Allatoona is were our boat calls home. I am not driving over Allatoona to go Lanier every weekend, its nice but not that nice.?

I keep my boat at Glade Marina been there for 11 years but last I heard all coverd wet/dry slips are on a waiting list.

I have had a hard time finding coverage storage for our toys.

I have kept two trailerable sailboats and my ATV trailer in self-storage rental units. I will admit, however, that none of these trailer exceeded 7 1/2 feet in width. It might, however, be an avenue to investigate. With all of my trailers, the boats and the UTV's I have had to provide copies of ownership (registration/title/bill of sale) and proof of insurance. The reason for the proof of insurance was so I didn't have to purchase the self-storage companies insurance.

Jim

Bestinboating.com is the website for marinas in Altoona and Lanier. It will give you the contact info you are looking for. For port Royale on Lanier, they offer boat garages as well as dry stack. The garage is 25ft deep, 12 ft high, 12 ft wide. I pay year round for the garage as well as a wet slip. The garages have 3 price points. The cheapest you have to trailer your boat to local boat ramps, the mid point you trailer to the marina’s private ramp, the top price is they launch and park boat for you. They are completing another row of units so you should be able to rent one. Good luck with your move.

Attachments

• 2E473A6D-4C11-4A4B-A2A0-C3705A05402F.jpeg
    2E473A6D-4C11-4A4B-A2A0-C3705A05402F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • A69CB5F0-1C89-4C91-92E6-B1BB8CBB3AE1.jpeg
    A69CB5F0-1C89-4C91-92E6-B1BB8CBB3AE1.jpeg
    701 KB · Views: 12
  • A1A27A1A-46CA-4F4D-B8B6-ACCD92CBD5C8.jpeg
    A1A27A1A-46CA-4F4D-B8B6-ACCD92CBD5C8.jpeg
    476 KB · Views: 10
Van Tavern Boat Storage Lake Lanier........hands down best guys to deal with. Retired firefighter/WWII vet and his son. Extremely clean under cover with clean restroom, boat wash down station with air for tires. These guys will loan tools if you ask nicely and they live on property........its fenced, security cameras and since they live on site anyone locking in at unusual hours will be met and ask what are you their for.

They usually Have a waiting list..............now I paid 485 dollars a year, 5 years ago and his dad was 85 at the time so prices may vary if son took over.

770-889-9059 You can use my name David Martin......his son might remember me if you say I use to fly R/C airplanes...... he fly's R/C Helicopters, nice young man.

Opps forgot to add for a 20 dollar bill cash donation......... if you call ahead they will drop you and your boat in at the ramp and pick you back up at days end with just a cell phone call.

Another option is to keep your boat at a marina. I did that for about 4 years. It was covered and easy to get our boat out al year. Yes the water cools down but you can still go out and enjoy the water. Plus you can fish as well. We loved that we could get off of work and take a quick spin whenever. We also hated fighting the ramps so this solved many items for us. FYI, if the boat is not a lift you will need to clean the hull at least three times a year.

Before I moved to FL, I live in a townhouse in Marietta and I keep my RV in Villa Rica GA about 40 min drive it as a great price compared to storage in the city and they have big space so parking is drive through no need to reverse. They are building lots of covered storage for RV/Boat so you should probably check it out.
Storage Units in Villa Rica, GA 30180 | Southeast Storage
434 Edge Road Villa Rica, GA 30180. 1 (877) 691-2491

Also another one half mile down the road
WG Covered RV Storage: Home (wgrvstorage.com)

Bestinboating.com is the website for marinas in Altoona and Lanier. It will give you the contact info you are looking for. For port Royale on Lanier, they offer boat garages as well as dry stack. The garage is 25ft deep, 12 ft high, 12 ft wide. I pay year round for the garage as well as a wet slip. The garages have 3 price points. The cheapest you have to trailer your boat to local boat ramps, the mid point you trailer to the marina’s private ramp, the top price is they launch and park boat for you. They are completing another row of units so you should be able to rent one. Good luck with your move.
Yes would be good to get the contact info. Put an offer on a house in Buford yesterday, waiting to hear.

Sorry 1st time boater. What happens to you equipment tubes, surf boards etc. if stored at a marina? Do they wash the boat or open it up to dry out.? I currently keep mine in our garage, may not be an option when we move.

Sorry 1st time boater. What happens to you equipment tubes, surf boards etc. if stored at a marina? Do they wash the boat or open it up to dry out.? I currently keep mine in our garage, may not be an option when we move.
If Buford will be home, Lanier will be closest lake.

It will vary on what type of storage. For example, in dry stack Storage the marina will pick up the boat at the dock put it on a forklift and stack it in a building. Your only option there would be to leave the stuff inside the boat.

In my situation, on a slip In the marina with a lift they also provide us with a doc box to store some stuff. I leave my board inside the boat. I leave the tube inflated And secure it with some lines to one of the slip fingers. When the water gets cold I deflate it and put it in the dock box.

Most marinas will have a detailing service that can wash it for you. My marina will also put your boat on a work rack of you want to wash it yourself. Or You can do it on the trailer or on a lift if you have one

the Garage is literally at the entrance of port royale. I store big items in it. It would add 10 minutes to your launch. I have a dock box for the items I use frequently. If you look at the pic facing the garage the water supply is every other unit so you can wash off items. The units have electric as well.
There are closer marinas in relation to Buford. You will save plenty of drive time should you boat out of those marinas.

As mentioned above we had a dock box. We kept the wake boards in the boat. There was water and electric. I backed ours in so the swim platform was to the inside which kept the ducks off (what a pain)! Many places have detailing and servicing options if you want it.

Same here! At the very beginning of this boating season, had to wash off swim platform due to ducks. Then after the 5th or so week they moved on. I was going to buy an animated cat or something to deter it from happening again.

Last edited:
Back