• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cowlick Chili

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Off the Egghead forum by a member named Egret, and I have been making this chili both on the Big Green Egg, and on the stove and oven. It is easy, predictable, and OH SO GOOD! If you use this recipe, follow instructions for the egg as if you are doing it on the stove and oven. So when you brown your meat on the stovetop, you can do so without oil, if your using a nonstick dutch oven and skillet, drain and set aside. I used to try to do all this in one pan/dutch oven. It is just easier to use the skillet to brown and then I sauté the veggies in the dutch oven as I am getting all the spices and canned goods opened. I can prep this in about 20 minutes and get it in the oven, uncovered for the duration. I like to let the stew meld a bit longer than the 2 hour cook time, at about 3 hours. Just transpose the egg instructions to do it on the oven if you want easy and convenient. Smoke doesn't make this better, it just makes it different. I actually prefer it without...unless i am making brisket chili with the same recipe, just substituting brisket for the ground beef...you still want the Italian sausage. I have this cooking tonight! Enjoy!
image.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You have to try this recipe @Scottintexas . It is very versatile. You can take the chili, and add elbow macaroni, or rice, or spaghetti, or on a baked potato, or on an omelet, or on a hotdog, on a burger, on fries, over fritos...I even added it once to some leftover stew that we hadn't eaten much of after the first day. The stew came out kind of bland and after adding a ladle of chili to it, it was phenomenal! I suspect what you can add it to is almost unlimited.