• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Cracks around tie down hook

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did some cleaning yesterday and noticed hair like cracks around the port side's tie down hook. The boat is only a few weeks old. ARRrRRRrrrr
It does look like it was over tighten compared to the other side which has no cracks. I was thinking pointing it out to them when I take her in for the 10hrs service. Should I be concern about this and take it to the dealer now?
Just got over my 1st scratch and now this. I'm sick to my stomach...:depressed: LOL

IMG_0381-2.jpg

:wideyed: @Glassman .....round 2!

Good luck! We are all with you in the sick feeling! It will get better though..... :confused:

Yamaha won't pay for spider crack repair typically as they consider it cosmetic. However, that looks more like too much torque on the nuts, just like you said. You can sure make a case for them to repair that. Your 10 hour is a service interval. However, you have a short window that dealers typically will repair just about anything that isn't right after delivery. I would say it would be impossible to tighten a transom strap too tight to do that, so don't let them give you any of that! Some guys have actually hung their boats on a davit from the transom eye bolts and a bow sling. Don't let this get you down. You know what BOAT stands for so I won't repeat it. The gouge in the side won't be the last. Shit happens and it is a boat. Get it fixed when you have the time, but let the dealer fix the overtorqued one.

On the bright side, I was able to install some new mods.
*Minn Kota dual bank charger - installed but not used yet. Still researching how to rewire the sensing loop cable on the DSVR. Read Davel501's thread but still a bit scare to cut the wire.
I installed directly over the carpet without any backing. Should I add an acrylic or wood backing?
*Keelshield installed - easier than it seems.
*Got the stickers on my truck on the boat. Best mod to date and approved by the kiddo. :)
IMG_0382-2.jpg IMG_0385-2.jpg IMG_0386-2.jpg

Yamaha won't pay for spider crack repair typically as they consider it cosmetic. However, that looks more like too much torque on the nuts, just like you said. You can sure make a case for them to repair that. Your 10 hour is a service interval. However, you have a short window that dealers typically will repair just about anything that isn't right after delivery. I would say it would be impossible to tighten a transom strap too tight to do that, so don't let them give you any of that! Some guys have actually hung their boats on a davit from the transom eye bolts and a bow sling. Don't let this get you down. You know what BOAT stands for so I won't repeat it. The gouge in the side won't be the last. Shit happens and it is a boat. Get it fixed when you have the time, but let the dealer fix the overtorqued one.

I'm sure it's caused by over torqued. There's a dent where the hook is installed and the plate is slightly bent.
Here's an issue though: I purchased the boat 3 hours away, not from Phil Dills. (long story, but short version is because the sale's man treated me like crap) I've dealt with the service department before, and they have much better customer service. So hopefully they will take care of it.

There is a possibility that was done unloading the boat from the truck at the dealership or during shipping if something pushed up on that hook. You may have to make a 3 hour drive to get that one fixed but definitely try local first.

I don't think I'll be driving 3 hours for that. Unless it will cause problems later down the road.

A phone call and emailed pic to your dealership couldn't hurt.. at least it is recorded then.

Called them a few hours ago and waiting for a respond from the owner. Actually, Called him about the sensing loop wire, but also mentioned the cracks.

Anyways, anyone know where to tap the sensing loop wire to on an 2014 ar210?

You might have better luck on your "finding the tap spot on the loop" question by starting a new thread for that specifically. or try @davel501 directly.

That pic of your daughter and the logo is precious!:winkingthumbsup"

That pic of your daughter and the logo is precious!:winkingthumbsup"
X2. Love to see the kiddies with big smiles on their faces. Makes great memories.

Called them a few hours ago and waiting for a respond from the owner. Actually, Called him about the sensing loop wire, but also mentioned the cracks.

Anyways, anyone know where to tap the sensing loop wire to on an 2014 ar210?

Not sure if the spot to tap into the YDIS has changed but cut the loop in the middle. You can test the ends with a circuit tester or light. The end that has power is the one you do not want. Wire the YDIS wire to the end that does not have power.

We had these cracks in our boat too. They said they ran the gel coat too close to the bolt holes in the factory, which caused it to crack. They covered the work under warranty no problem. Just sent the dealer the pictures and they scheduled the fix at the end of the season.

Back