• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Crates Marina Simcoe Ontario

Stuart Bicknell

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone know anything about "Crates Marina" on Lake Simcoe? We have our boat at one of there Marinas and they have gone in to Receivership.
We have had a claims form from the Receivers and I have been up to check on the boat. I think the boat will be ok but was wondering if anyone else knew anything. They sent me an invoice for shrink wrap and Winter Storage but I cant find out if they are going to honour my summer slip.
Should I pay the bill if I think they may not be there for the summer? I have already paid the $1200 for the slip. Hopefully someone will take over.:)

Should I pay the bill if I think they may not be there for the summer? I have already paid the $1200 for the slip. Hopefully someone will take over.:)

You say you paid the bill already.....so not sure what you are asking? Should you have? This is a tough one...sounds like a gamble. I'd probably hold off a little...but not if they have your boat!

I don't know much about Canadian laws...but if that happened to me, I would spend a couple hundred dollars on an attorney to get advice. Else, your baby could be hostage for an extended time... or worse.

I paid for my Summer slip @Julian but I have not paid the latest bill for Wrap and Storage. I just wondered weather there was anyone out there with a boat at Crates.

Ads for a lawyer and $200!!!!! lol @GTBRMC .. when is the last time you used a lawyer :) I have used 2 divorce lawyers-1 conveyancing lawyer to sell my home in the UK and an Immigration lawyer. :) I have no money left!

Sorry guys, Im not on here to moan :0) I feel real sorry for the ones that traded in there boats for nice new Yachts and got the finance with Crates... At least we own our boat.

I should just call up the Receivers.

Roll On Spring....

On another subject @Julian

Are you wake surfing behind your yamaha :) I really want to try that this year. Any tips? What speed and where to get a board?

There are lots of threads on the forum on wake surfing....and even a vendor who make a surf gate to improve the wake. I suggest creating a new thread with a title asking about how to wake surf behind a Yamaha.

Short answer...you need lots of big friends or ballast bags!

Your 21' hull can do pretty good with a few dollars invested. Here are some pictures of the wake behind my boat and 210owners boat.IMG_7685rev1.jpg IMG_8590rev1.jpg IMG_8600rev1.jpg

Back