• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Crossing to Bimini on July 10th

Michepe69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anybody leaving July 10th to Bimini from Haulover Marina in Miami?. I know a lot of boats doing the crossing will be leaving from Fort Lauderdale, not sure if anyone is launching from Miami. My plan is to leave at sunrise, there is about 5-6 jet skis in my group and possible another boat. Pls let me know-thx!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Michepe69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hilton

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know you guys are experienced but please be careful about the weather.

I hope you will join us at the infinity pool at Bimini Sands sometime during the week. We should have a DJ and a bonfire on the 10th and possibly on the 14th.

Michepe69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you and sounds good @Bruce. We will definitely meet up at some point while we're there. I've been checking weather more often lately, it looks like 0.5-1m rollers and 5-10 knots winds as of now for Monday 600h. Pressures are in the higher side too so we should be good to cross in those conditions. We will be scanning the channels you told me and I know you're available in channel 69. Thanks again and looking forward to a week in paradise!!

Michepe69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know you guys are experienced but please be careful about the weather.

I hope you will join us at the infinity pool at Bimini Sands sometime during the week. We should have a DJ and a bonfire on the 10th and possibly on the 14th.
@Bruce How are you guys doing?!? Hope all is good and you're all safe. We made it safely but did take a bad beating. All 6 jetskis and my boat are good, all of us are ok but really tired from the crossing. Took us a little over 5 hours, stopped several times to wait for skis to catch jp and had to turn back for a couple of miles to help one of the skis. Ran out of gas 8 miles out but had extra thank God. Have read horror stories from todays crossing of sunken jetskis, broken windshields and towers and people being med evacs-crazy!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce How are you guys doing?!? Hope all is good and you're all safe. We made it safely but did take a bad beating. All 6 jetskis and my boat are good, all of us are ok but really tired from the crossing. Took us a little over 5 hours, stopped several times to wait for skis to catch jp and had to turn back for a couple of miles to help one of the skis. Ran out of gas 8 miles out but had extra thank God. Have read horror stories from todays crossing of sunken jetskis, broken windshields and towers and people being med evacs-crazy!
Our crossing was approximately 4.5 hours. I need to review the tracker data at some point to figure out exactly how long.

I think a lot of the reports are overstating the crossing. One AR240 tower and two windshields really did break. We went back out to provide fuel to three boats and a fourth that ran out of fuel on the US side of the stream was towed back to the US.

Did your group get caught in the storm?