• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Culprit for many intermittent engine non starting issues....not just boats*

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is a culprit for many intermittent engine non starting and stalling issues. "The boat started fine, when we stopped it wouldn't start. I waited 5 minutes and it started." A few times later it happened again. No codes dealer couldn't trouble shoot because it just wasn't happening. The mechanics open up the fuel tanks and find this little piece of aluminum or paper seal.

Be sure to TOTALLY remove the foil or paper seal. These containers sit a long time before use and in cold and heat sheds or garages. You are in a hurry stop and buy some treatment pop the aluminum with your car key dump the treatment in your ride and threw away the bottle.....never noticing that the foil or paper seal came off in your filler fuel neck.

Hard lessons learned with this so I just wanted to pass it on since I was adding some treatment!

treatmentNo.jpg

Last edited:

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, how much effort is it to check your tank? I'm assuming that's not a small task.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
its not a small task at all and costly....usually when they "think" its your fuel pump or bad gas.....this is found.....sucks.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ugh. But wouldn't this also cause intermittent stalling issues as well, or at least very rough running? As the debris is sucked up against the intake...

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
yes....it could be intermittent stalling as well.....then when the engine dies....the foil free floats sometimes months before getting caught by the suction.....or as you are low on fuel the odd increase for the foil to get caught again.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the tip. That would be a pita to diagnose.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's a good thing to remember. I always carry a pocket knife so I use it to cut the foil of completely when I'm adding HEET or whatever to my vehicles.

Then I use the same knife to peel an apple before I eat it - that cleans the knife off.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's a good thing to remember. I always carry a pocket knife so I use it to cut the foil of completely when I'm adding HEET or whatever to my vehicles.

Then I use the same knife to peel an apple before I eat it - that cleans the knife off.
That's the way to do it. That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger... or in the case of cumulative buildup of chemicals in your body, just kills you later. :p

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's the way to do it. That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger... or in the case of cumulative buildup of chemicals in your body, just kills you later. :p
So you wanna die of nothing? Boy, is that gonna look stupid on your tombstone! "Here Lies MOA_Chaser. He just died. That's it." :D:D:D:D

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm gonna live forever.

So far, so good.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That just silly to clean the knife on the apple. If you licked it off first then it wouldnt get that yucky stuff on the apple. Cam.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pretty cool find. Thanks for the information.