• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cup holder rings ( SX 190 )

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All, the plastic rings on the 190s are loose fitting on some (even when properly twisted in place) and I’ve lost one due to wind while trailering. I solved this now by putting small pieces of double sided tape on all of them and reinstalling them, all tight now.

Best ... Marc

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A dab of silicone adhesive works as well.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dabbed silicone under all mine. been fine since.

I trailer covered though, and the boat doesn't go fast enough in the water to blow them out :D

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah I tow uncovered if under 1 hour ish...

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine pop off all the time too. Especially when i open the engine hatch. Thanks for the silicon tip.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine pop off all the time too. Especially when i open the engine hatch. Thanks for the silicon tip.
Be sure they are locked in place. The way the cup holder rings work is they have little tabs the follow a groove in the cup holder and there is a position in which they should lock in place. Of course some boats vibrate more than others or their cup holder lids easily get loose. Take them off and then you'll see where the tabs should lock on the cup holders. Add the silicone there and along the groove, twist the lids back on using your palm and you should feel them get tight and stop twisting. With the silicone it should hold up to getting wet and should work for a long time.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine were replaced under warranty.