• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Custom Cooler

xoverdose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know we all love our coolers and our cold drinks. As I was sitting on the 192 with a cold one today I realized how much room my cooler takes in front of the rear bench when I bring people along. On the 192's the passenger bench has an open space under, has anyone built or considered a creating a custom built cooler to fit under there that slides out? Tempted to try my hand at building one and see how it works out. I just need it to keep things cold for an afternoon so long lasting isn't a big issue for me.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Or better yet, look up the refrigerator build! Won't kill your battery as fast as you might think and then you don't need to haul ice either!

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I have a lot of ppl and plan on bringing an extra cooler for beer or food I just tie it to the swim platform.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Same issue here. I just picked up two 48-can soft sided coolers from Bass Pro Shops that I am going to store in the floor locker since I rarely carry skis anymore. I have though about using the bench space, but people like to store their stuff under there a lot on my boat so they have quick access. One of the Colman Party Stacker coolers supposedly fits nicely under the bench, but I don't think they hold very much.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use the AO Stow-N-Go-Cooler-Black-38 from Amazon and it fits under the bow cushion.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oooooohhh fridge boy - your input is needed here @Bruce

jason annand

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i was looking at one of those too. Do you like it? Is it worth the money? Is it a bit of a pain getting in and out of the bow cushions all the time? Does it fit under the rear seats as well ok?
Thanks

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@xoverdose Funny story about that storage space. We too were thinking of a soft sided cooler in that spot. So before we actually took possession of the 192 we went to measure. Of course, we jumped on the 212x and fell in love with that boat. We always say....we bought a $15,000 cooler that day!