• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Custom Fat Sac

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
No.

The handles actually are the bottom. So the quick connect cap (the one with the chain) needs to be on the top. That’s where you’ll connect the fill pump.

If you can get ahold of another quick connect (or two), and put it in the bottom... it will make draining a bit faster and you won’t have to worry about dropping the cap in the water.

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
No.

The handles actually are the bottom. So the quick connect cap (the one with the chain) needs to be on the top. That’s where you’ll connect the fill pump.

If you can get ahold of another quick connect (or two), and put it in the bottom... it will make draining a bit faster and you won’t have to worry about dropping the cap in the water.
Do I put the air cap next to the fill cap? Also, thank you for your help! A second fill cap makes complete sense

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yep, on top!

Have you seen this, yet? Not sure if you see plug placements or not in the video.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Quick tip on the air plug that I posted in another thread too. Cross drill the single thread hole to the other side of the threads for a bit faster fill times (if using the fill with air method first) with no loss of of bag maintaining shape. This allows more air volume to escape putting less head pressure on the pump as it seeks to replace the air with water. Probably better for the pump long term too.

I have three quick connect fill/drain caps on my bag (had a couple laying around) and the one modified air cap. Love it

I did not want to go through the hassle of adding a 4th internal ballast pump this season so I also created a custom electrical connection for the juiced pump. Direct to battery 14 awg with inline fuse ran to the stern storage and a couple feet extra to put beside the bag with Deutsch connector on the end and a sealed cap. Also put a Deutsch connector on the pump. No more fusing with the cig adapter in the storage compartment or making folks in the boat move around.

I would be curious to know if the internal impeller ballast pumps work faster than the drop in the water centrifugal pumps like the juiced edition with the custom bag from those who have done it. @jcyamaharider @swatski?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would be curious to know if the internal impeller ballast pumps work faster than the drop in the water centrifugal pumps like the juiced edition with the custom bag from those who have done it. @jcyamaharider @swatski?
The aerator style pumps, high end ones, are faster, no doubt about it - but only under "optimal" conditions, with low drop and little back pressure. Not sure if they can pressurize to proper turgidity, and are very much affected by gravity (vertical drop) and back pressure - so the numbers listed (for capacity) mean almost nothing. Those pumps also do not function as valves (pump in one direction), and die (kaput) if polarity is reversed so Deutsch connectors are a very good idea!

The high end (WM brand) reversibles are fast, and you can leave the hose connected after filling, just turn the pump off - the pump acts as a valve, reverse for empty. (I know you know!)
I no longer pre-fill with air, I think that is helpful with aerator pumps, doesn't matter with my Johnsons.

I open the air plug several turns, enough to let air out unobstructed but not enough to lose it.

--