• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Custom SwimDeck Ballast Bag project

Would you be interested in this type of bag for your swim deck?

• Yes

Votes: 54 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 18.3%

• Total voters

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are getting somewhere!!! Wakemakers figures 870 lbs.

View attachment 71327
This looks great! Can you have them place a quick connect port at the bottom/fore (fill/drain) - that could connect to a hose coming out through the wet compartment
upload_2018-4-5_13-41-53.jpeg

About the pricing - would they work with you on a group buy? (on top of the jetboaters discount of course, lol)

EDIT - albeit the top location for those ports (intakes) works, too. As long as there is soemthing to fill/drain on the forward-facing side of the bag.
--

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My boat is still in Hibernation , will this fit on a 19’?
I have no clue? Just look at the dimensions on the pdf and measure your boat.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
These bags will be sold through Gantlin Products. I just need to get a count on how many I am looking at ordering for the first go around. Price is going to be $375 plus shipping and will include one quick connect fitting, one air vent fitting and 2 solid plugs. Ship date is T.B.D., naturally, because these have to be made.

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I might be interested just need to measure the back of my boat first. I think the step of the 2012 242LS is closer to 11-11 1/2” if I remember correctly. Will probably be later in May before I even get her out of storage since we just sold our house and move around the middle of May.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm in for 1, pending measurements of my swim deck tomorrow. I will confirm tomorrow AM.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

thcobb1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am in for one pending Scottie's measurements.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These bags will be sold through Gantlin Products. I just need to get a count on how many I am looking at ordering for the first go around. Price is going to be $375 plus shipping and will include one quick connect fitting, one air vent fitting and 2 solid plugs. Ship date is T.B.D., naturally, because these have to be made.
Sounds good. Which is the air vent fitting? I like those quick connects you linked for their quickness, BUT - they can pop off unexpectedly (when attached to a hose - if a hose turns), in my experience.
Having one of each, as below, would be ideal.
This one for longer sessions:

and this for quick rides:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Agreed @swatski but I have to sell this as a kit using ( not sold with kit ) an over the side pump, this is why I say you can buy other fittings to meet your need. All of the ports on the bag are just like any other bag with threaded ports.

This is what would go on the bag anyways to attach to your port.

8XA1Rr7njlISOeQJ6aFxkM8rFMGEcGK3-35.jpg

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Okay, I've taken measurements this morning. Unfortunately the measurements are fairly different on my 2013 212x. The lower swim deck platform isn't nearly as deep which is the biggest difference. I've attached a very crude drawing of what I think would be the ideal bag. This bag could be 26" wide instead of 24", which might make up for some of the lack of volume. @jcyamaharider what do you guess the capacity would be of my drawing below? Is it worth it to you to have a second bag made with different measurements... assuming the bag below is of reasonable capacity? No since in making a 4 or 500 lb bag I don't think. Compare mine to yours and tell me whatever thoughts you have.

Capture.PNG

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Okay, I've taken measurements this morning. Unfortunately the measurements are fairly different on my 2013 212x. The lower swim deck platform isn't nearly as deep which is the biggest difference. I've attached a very crude drawing of what I think would be the ideal bag. This bag could be 26" wide instead of 24", which might make up for some of the lack of volume. @jcyamaharider what do you guess the capacity would be of my drawing below? Is it worth it to you to have a second bag made with different measurements... assuming the bag below is of reasonable capacity? No since in making a 4 or 500 lb bag I don't think. Compare mine to yours and tell me whatever thoughts you have.

View attachment 71438
When I get back to work Monday I will let you know.

thcobb1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Scottie,
Based on some rough math I think we are talking around 600 lbs+/-.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is the bag angled to only fit the port side (thread title), or will it fit both sides the same? (yes I'm goofy) I'm thinking it would be best to just make it fit both sides?
It would fit both sides

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Scottie,
Based on some rough math I think we are talking around 600 lbs+/-.
We can easily add 4" to the back wall height, with no ill effects. From 18" to 22". That should add 100 lbs or so, which would put us at a good number I think.