• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD Custom Small Box Anchor

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey guys,

I'm selling my small custom box anchor for my boat, as this one won't fit in my new boat. If you've been around a while, this is one of Mel's Custom Box Anchors for the 2007-2009 23 foot Yamaha Boats....which he isn't making any more. I've used this anchor for five years only in fresh water...these are great anchors are are truly set-and-forget anchors. I'm asking $75 plus shipping to whoever wants it. Although this will work for other boats, it is custom-made to fit this series of Yamaha Boats without any modification to the boats or anchor.

The Box Anchor benefit of a box anchor is it allows more control over the placement of your boat in any situation, regardless of the current and bottom condition. The box anchor is easier to handle as it requires NO chain and only a 2:1 scope - that's only twice the depth of the water and more than half the amount of line required for a traditional Danforth-style anchor.

The box anchor is designed to do all of the work for you: just idle up to your anchoring spot; toss the anchor overboard; let out the appropriate amount of line; the anchor will hit the bottom, roll to its side and set within about a foot with no need to power down. The box anchor design allows it to hold your boat at a 45-degree angle from the bottom, without snagging permanently on debris. Additionally, if the wind or tide changes, and your boat changes direction, the box anchor will flip over and reset in about a foot.

To retrieve the anchor, idle over the top of the anchor and lift. If the bottom is muddy or sandy, sometimes there may be mud on the flukes. It's easy to get the mud off by lowering out about 10' or line and idling in the water for about a minute; then retrieve and store.

Here's some pictures of the anchor I took the other day.

Again, I'm asking $75 + shipping. I live in Mountain View, CA (94043) and a couple of quick zip code checks on FedEx shows LA is about $24, whereas Miami and Chicago are about $55...thus why I didn't want to quote an incorrect shipping cost for anyone.

IMG_4030.JPG IMG_4031.JPG IMG_4032.JPG IMG_4033.JPG

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Matt Phillips , I'll take it and can pick it up if this is convenient for you (I live in Union City). I will PM you my cell number and email address now.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sold to Ronnie!

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Doh. Ronnie is too fast. @Ronnie when you decide to sell that anchor let me know.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks again @Matt Phillips for the great deal and easy transaction.

@Chillypilot , I will let you know first if I ever sell it but most likely it will be sold with the boat if I ever sell it. "Box anchor for life!"

Yes I move fast on things like this. I'm not craigslist faker like a lot of the guys I've been dealing with lately that seem to just want to hone their negotiation skills making offers sight unseen, not showing to complete the transaction, etc. When I see a deal I can't pass up I don't, the only negotiation is when and where, not how much. Works for me but (or should I say and) drives my wife crazy.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I drive my wife nuts with my purchases and have to makeup for it everytime :)