• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

damaged rear telescopic loading ladder

Jludwig83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I'm sure I'm not the first. purchased the 2021 Yamaha 252XE this year and already need to replace the rear boarding ladder. My buddy got on the boat and didn't put it back in the locking hinge. Backed into one of our normal sand bars for me to find out it was still down. No damage to the boat thankfully, but the ladder and bracket is bent beyond repair. I was hoping for recommendations on replacement that fits the same style that is on the boat now. It has the locking bolt and hinge on the side and is spring loaded. Thank you for any help and advise I can get.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you want an exact replacement you have two options that I know of. You can either order one from Yamaha through a place like Yamahasportsplaza.com OR you can buy one directly from the manufacturer, Windline (I assume that yours is from Windline as mine is).

Windline ladders have a lifetime warranty but they would not treat this as a warranty problem. Still it will be at least $100 less expensive to get a replacement from Windline. I’ve replaced my rear ladder at least three times now, once under warranty.

Sean R

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have a question on your ladder. I have the spring loaded ladder also, assuming the same 2020 212S. Before it was damaged did you have a hard time putting it in the stored position? Mine is a bitch, my wife can't do it. Not sure if my spring is to long and I am crushing the spring to get it to hook up.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Leaving the ladder down is part of the experience of owning these boats! I swear we do that once a trip... It is weird that you bent yours backing in.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Spring loaded? Fancy, nice.

the ladder should not bend simply because it was down when the boat was out in reverse. The first one I bent was when the boat was on its trailer with the ladder down and I backed into a driveway / slight incline/ there was a short fight between the pavement and the ladder, the pavement won. The second time around I backed into the beach and grounded the ladder, I think that’s what happened to the OP here. The ladder brackets are very strong but once they are bent they are very difficult sometimes impossible to straighten/ repair.

Jludwig83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I have a question on your ladder. I have the spring loaded ladder also, assuming the same 2020 212S. Before it was damaged did you have a hard time putting it in the stored position? Mine is a bitch, my wife can't do it. Not sure if my spring is to long and I am crushing the spring to get it to hook up.
No, the ladder pushed back in very easily only took one hand to squeeze it in and latch it back in place.

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

Heizen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
We installed one on the finger of our slip at Pleasant Harbor Marina and it works great! The angle and wide step are highly coveted by slip mates. Most of the other ladders are heavier metal, permanently installed, more sturdy, straight up and down with skinnier steps that hurt your feet. It’s nice that we can easily remove ours and it’s light weight so easy to carry and stow.

Last edited: