• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dash replacement

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone replaced dash in sx230?

I am wondering how you dealt with the curve in OEM? Did you just replace it with a curved dash?

Wanting to mount my ecomap 74cv in middle where fuel, speedo, and depth gauge are aince I can integrate all into unit.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not me. I did make a fiberglass mount panel for a new head unit. Maybe you could remove it all and use a big foam block or something to carve out what the new dash shape would be using the old for mount points, etc. After the contours look good, you could fiberglass over it then trim openings, fill, sand, and paint. It would be a ton of work; but...winter is coming.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Seadeals I found a picture crom old forum where someone installed new dash but didnt do flush mount. His was on an 07 so I am not sure if they had flat dash or curved. Biggest part seemed to be the edge I believe is curved as well.

I am gonna take it all apart documenting with photos so I know how yo out back together.

Looking at the gfs 10 fuel sensor as well.

Will be about another 225 or so to install aince it needs nmea 2k system, I dont think I can plug it right into unit... might be able to though.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the foam block idea as well.. we will see what it looks like when I get it taken apart.

Need it all done by april at latest good thing we have some weekends off between ACC title game and playoffs #allin

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I too posted a question about this a week or two ago without response. I knew I was going to purchase a chartplotter/GPS for Black Friday, and wanted to change my dash.
I plan on doing something similar to this person on my 2018 to mount the Garmin Echomap 64CX in place of the analog tachs.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/my-dash-panel-swap.9219/

I found another write-up that shows a person using plexi-glass: https://jetboaters.net/threads/do-i-really-need-these.3756/#post-63667

And another: https://jetboaters.net/threads/raymarine-es78-quantum-radome-fusion-ms-ra205-custom-dash.9523/

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AJack, your project for a 2018 SX240 is very different than @Wisefam22’s on a more analog SX230. You already have a digital dash.

Either way I would suggest mounting the plotter on top of the dash so that it can can swivel to be viewed while standing.

I have considered converting to a digital dash but then I remember how nice it is to have gauges that are immediately on and always work. If I did it would be an addition to the plotter on top of the dash.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AJack, your project for a 2018 SX240 is very different than @Wisefam22’s on a more analog SX230. You already have a digital dash.

Either way I would suggest mounting the plotter on top of the dash so that it can can swivel to be viewed while standing.

I have considered converting to a digital dash but then I remember how nice it is to have gauges that are immediately on and always work. If I did it would be an addition to the plotter on top of the dash.
Bruce the space feels very limited. I need to spend some time in the boat to decide final route, but my OCD makes it feel very cluttered with everything there now and plotter.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My preference is something like @mb300sd did. The curve in helmet cover presents biggest issue I have found. I will need to figure that part out before i go full boar into mod.

The newer Yamaha appear to have flat instriment consoles and more squarely helm covers.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree with Wisefam, I want the install to look OEM and the space on the dash seems like it's not made for any other instrumentation. I understand the need to tilt the unit, I'm treating this as a center console, which doesn't have the ability to tilt. Unless I'm wrong, I think I'm going to try to pursue this route.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length