1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Gantlin Products, the creator of the WAKE WEDGE is currently running a Group Buy for those of you that want a better, cleaner wake to surf behind your Jetboat! This Group Buy expires on Tax Day- April 15th, so get your order in ASAP to jump on this once a year discount on the Wake Wedge. The discount could go as high as $120 off!

(You can click the X in the upper right to dismiss this notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. After selling out of last years red and blue models, Eric Justason has ordered another round of Koozies. The new color options are Blue with Yellow Logo, Red with Black Logo and Yellow with Blue Logo. He is making them available for $1.25 each. You can order yours via his Order Form or you can discuss them in this Thread. All proceeds from Koozie sales go into future SWAG production and event sponsorship.

(Clicking the X in the top right hand corner will dismiss this notice).
    Dismiss Notice

Day on water with Glastron GT 187

Discussion in 'Glastron Jet Boats' started by BobbyP, Feb 19, 2017.

1. BobbyP

BobbyP New Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    GT
    Boat Length:
    2nd day out and things were a litttle easier. Decided to just walk boat on and off trailer instead of driving. I puddled around very slowly 2k-3k rpm for about 2 hours just trying to practice steering. Boat handled well in 1-2ft chop. Learned a lesson on slowing down abruptly after cruising! Have to slow down gently or just bump the throttle a bit, or swim platform is under...Brought it home, flushed and washed. Still have to buy some corrosion control lubricant...then figure out what to lubricate!

I'm loving every minute of this boat!

• Like Like x 4
  2. genwrx

genwrx Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    GTS
    Boat Length:
    Awesome to hear, sounds like you had fun, i also walked mine on the second time out or so, it was pretty windy and choppy that day. If you get some trailer guide posts, loading/unloading gets super easy. Did you take it out on the ocean or just in a lake?

3. BobbyP

BobbyP New Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    GT
    Boat Length:
    I took it out in Bay St Louis, MS, ventured out into Gulf of Mexico (Mississippi Sound) for a very short time. Not brave enough yet to stay out there...

• Like Like x 1
  4. BobbyP

BobbyP New Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    GT
    Boat Length:
    Took it again today....love this boat!

• Like Like x 4
  5. Briwhy

Briwhy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    GTS
    Boat Length:
    Did you get trailer guide posts? If so what brand did you get and what length

6. BobbyP

BobbyP New Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    GT
    Boat Length:
    I didn't get any posts, I decided it's easy enough to just pull it onto trailer.

7. genwrx

genwrx Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    GTS
    Boat Length:
    CE Smith 60" I found some foam sleeves with a red nylon fabric to go around the pvc, looked really good for a while but the fabric has already faded a little bit so I may take them off and dye them again someday.