• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Decisions?

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are heading to Florida for Christmas and undecided on taking our Ar 240 or our Sparks. We will be on the water in Ruskin (between Tampa and St.Pete) and to explore Clearwater area. Last April we did Tampa area with the boat.

We will have a 1200 mile pull one way and will be staying for about a week. Thanks Rodney

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think it depends on how much time you have to boat. If you plan on going almost every day bring it. If not rent one for a day or two. Weather is looking for next week.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Weather has been great here lately. Been out twice in the past three days. It gets dark early though - bring the boat.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'd take the boat if you plan to get out on it quite a bit. We are also heading to Tampa tomorrow, but not taking the boat as we don't think we'll have much boating time with all the holiday stuff and relatives we'll be visiting. My brother wanted me to bring the boat and leave it there.... :)

Stop by O'Toole's Irish pub in Brandon if you are in the area....I'll be there a fair amount (my brother owns it). (1215 W Brandon Blvd, Brandon, FL 33511)

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We had a great time with the boat. Spent most of the time between St.Petersburg and Clearwater. We seen a ton of dolphins and a couple manatees.