• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deck drain

Boboettinger

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Maybe a stupid question but where is the fore end of the deck
Drain? I am talking about the other end of the hose that goes from the scupper through the bilge and under the engine compartment. How do i get to it to replace the hose?
2002 ls2000

Thanks

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I can't help you on the LS, but @Bruce had an LX and I suspect it is similar. On the SX 230/240, the cockpit drain connects to the white hose that transitions the engine and bilge compartment until it connects to the scupper valve. I suspect it is similar. Welcome to the forum!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@4x15mph can probably help. He has been all over his boat...

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It runs through the bilge area and either through or under the engine compartment. You can access the bilge by removing the 20 or so screws that hold the cover for the clean out plug area. You can see the white hose and one of its clamps in this picture.

LXBilge.jpg

Boboettinger

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
It runs through the bilge area and either through or under the engine compartment. You can access the bilge by removing the 20 or so screws that hold the cover for the clean out plug area. You can see the white hose and one of its clamps in this picture.

View attachment 9399
Thanks Bruce, I got that, it's the other end of the white hose that I'm looking for. Where does it originate?

Boboettinger

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Right now the scupper is sealed off and the white hose just empties into the bilge. If I replace the scupper, I thought I should also replace the hose, or should I just leave it alone?

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
The other end should just connect to the deck drain port, on the drivers side at the bottom of the rear seats. I think it's a straight shot from there to the scupper, you may have to remove the rear seat bottoms to get to it at the fitting

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The rear center cushion just lifts up. Perhaps you can see how to remove the others once it is out of the way. The drain is in the corner below the rear seat.

I did not change the hose when I changed the scupper on my SX230. The hose was fine. I believe that the scuppers crack because of over tightening at the factory.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
All of the cushions come out that way. And there are screws that attach the outer cushion to the deck base, then screws that hold the top panel of the fuel tank cover. You should be able to get at it from there.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should have what you need based on the answers here. I can't believe your drain was sealed up and it is good that you are correcting this.

While you have the cleanout tray open, clean the screen on your bilge and take a look at all clamps on the muffler and hoses. You can also check under the mufflers since they should have pads under them to prevent rubbing. We don't have as much of an issue with this problem on the LS/lx but check it out.

Boboettinger

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Ok, thats why i couldnt find it. I removed the rear seats but didn' t go any further. I guess I'll have to remove the cover over the fuel tank and see what i find. Thanks everyone for your help.

The scupper was sealed up and the hose is just lying next to it. My woory is that the hose may have been cut and will not reach the new stainless scupper.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
While you are in there check your fuel tank vent hoses, and sending unit wiring, if you are really energetic you can clean the tank and surrounding area like @4x15mph did. "That dude has a clean boat"

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That hose isn't expensive, it just may be hard to find, @Boboettinger . So don't worry if you need to replace it.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Boboettinger , Here is a picture of what you will see under the seat deck. You can see the hose running to the front drain in the upper left hand corner of the picture. The other hose lying on the gas tank is a vent hose that exhausts fumes to the back, outside of the boat.

IMG_0967.jpg

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
People never cease to amaze me with the cobble jobs they do, I can't imagine why someone would have sealed that off. Nice job on the fix. Looks like you were able to retain the existing hose.

Boboettinger

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Yeah, would have been just as easy to fix it the right way! I was able to use the old hose. With the proper length scupper there was enough length.

GeniusGio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Hi, I just have a quick question.. Today I figured out that my scupper is leaking... Now i've searched about scupper ordering and replacements, but im not sure which one it is ( Length Wise and thickness ) Since i want to get the Att wood stainless steel model.

The original plastic one has a part number F0R-U2287-00-00.. Every scupper thread I've seen that people replaced with the ATT Wood stainless steel models have usually been 2006 models and up ( Other than the LX210 or LS2000 ) until I saw this post.

If anyone knows the measurements / dimensions for the stainless steel one that would fit my boat ( Lx210 ), I would greatly appreciate it. I order on eBay a lot and I find the stainless steel model , but looking for some confirmation to see if it for sure fits my boat. Thanks

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@GeniusGio, make sure the diameter is 1.5" then order whatever length you want. I would suggest something in the 3" to 5" length. The hose on the inside will provide a few inches of flexibility. Worst case scenario you could replace the hose with a slightly longer version.