• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deionized water system

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Was wondering if anyone has tried this system?

Used to use deionized water to wash my car years ago at our facility that had a huge tank of it for boilers. All you needed was a few drops of soap, and you could wash your vehicle in direct sun on a hot day, never put a drying towel on it, and not one water spot on the vehicle.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Interesting idea. I saw the price and was really surprised, but after looking the cost isn't too far off.

2 Big blue housing's are $90 a piece
DI resin filter cartridge around $100
Plus the stand.

It would depend on your waters hardness that you are supplying.
My water has a lot of minerals in it…. And so do the lakes I boat on. If one were to use it to rinse after washing it seems like it would work really good. Years ago Mr. Clean made a hand held version that used small cartridges, it had a selector valve, a reservoir for the soap. Wash with the soap, then select rinse, and it left a spot free finish.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Didn't Mr Clean make a hose end system that filtered water as you sprayed down to keep water spots away?!?!?!

Little google-fu practice this morning. Found it :D

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Didn't Mr Clean make a hose end system that filtered water as you sprayed down to keep water spots away?!?!?!

Little google-fu practice this morning. Found it :D

yes they did. But I thought they quit making the de ion cartridges. Those things didn’t have very much water flow but it worked!

07E0104A-3EFA-4BF9-83E1-CE0C1756551B.jpeg

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You could buy a cordless/battery powered pressure washer; the Ryobi with battery is ~$150. You could use the unit to spray distilled water on your boat; and thereby, displace the water with dissolved solids (hard water). You can buy distilled water at the grocery store for $.89 per gallon, and you would need between 2 and 3 gallons to do a boat. Some auto detailers use this process in certain problematic situations. The per use cost would likely be less or equal to a water treatment system/filter.

And - you could do it at the ramp parking lot.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Mr. Clean thing actually worked really well - I’d wash my car with the regular stuff and then rinse it with that gadget. I’ve been looking into getting something now. I already have a nice RO/DI setup for my aquarium, but the flow rate is abysmal.

jeffrt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife got me the Rinse n Go system last summer, and it works really well. I was a huge fan of the Mr. Clean system, but this has way more water flow, so I prefer it. Still have the Mr. Clean too for washing windows, and still have about 8 filters left for it, then that will be the end of it. Too soon to say how long the media will last in the Rinse n Go. Still on the original stuff it came with though.