• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DEPTH COMM ERR

Maximilian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey y’all, was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this issue. Was anchored and floating for a couple hours and out of nowhere boat starts beeping and I see DEPTH COMM ERR. Shut off batteries and turn back on... goes away, then 20 min later comes back. Now it’s just on, disconnected batteries and it’s just on at all times now. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks fellas

Koly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
WATER ERR . Cant help you with that. I have to push the red put and then push quit. I have 2019 sx195. Ever since I sucked up a bunch of wood debri it hasn't been the same. I've read that if you reconnect your battery or change an fuse. But Im gonna take my boat in after the weather cools down then get it all squared away.. boat runs fine. just a pain in the ass having to push the quit button and then quit button every 15-20 minutes. doesnt affect the performance. My boat say ERR for the MPH and I dont have depth finder access. Hope this helps out. If anyone has a solution please help me out..

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey y’all, was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this issue. Was anchored and floating for a couple hours and out of nowhere boat starts beeping and I see DEPTH COMM ERR. Shut off batteries and turn back on... goes away, then 20 min later comes back. Now it’s just on, disconnected batteries and it’s just on at all times now. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks fellas
If it isnt reading depth and water temp, your transducer might have failed. Check the connection if you follow the transducer wire to the rear of the engine compartment and remove it and check for corrosion