• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Depth Comm Error 2015 242 LS

Jmajka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So took the boat out for the first time this year and recieved a depth comm error. I looked on the forum ans saw others that had the issue. Trying to find where the connector is for the transducer. know it is in the engine bay somewhere toward the rear i think i read. Anyone have a picture? I would like to try cleaning the leads first. Not sure how to test the transducer without going to a lake and putting the boat in the water...anyway to test these? Would prefer to test it prior to buying a transducer and not have that fix the issue or find out it wasn't needed. Thanks Jeff

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't have a pic. But if you look on the bottom of the boat, near the keel, probably about 2 feet from the aft of the boat, you will see a black circle thing--about 2" in diameter. That is the bottom of it. You usually need to pull the tray to really see/find it.

Jmajka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was able to take the sensor out but left the housing still in the boat. I noticed there was a lot of grease assuming to keep it water tight and it was safety wired for the sensor screw on cap to not come undone. The sensor comes as the entire assemble. Not sure if I can get that lock ring off because i already had to move the exhaust metal thingy..whatever it is called! Do you know do these need to be programmed at all?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think so... I just installed a fancy transducer for my Garmin and it didn't need anything. And if it doesn't...

Jmajka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
just ordered the expensive replacement....so I really hope this works! part was almost 500.00!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A plug came with the boat that fits in that hole, then, so you can still run the boat while waiting.

I hope so, too. When you disconnected it and started it, did you get the same error?

Jasonsbiz74

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
yes, I still got the same error.
I'm having the same issue. every 10 mins the beeping starts and doesn't stop ! Can you share with me where you found the replacement part ? Also, to get to the transducer you have to remove the muffler ? Can you remove the transducer and the housing stays in place or is it all one unit ? My boat is in the water and i'm wondering do i have to pull it out of the water to replace it ?

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm having the same issue. every 10 mins the beeping starts and doesn't stop ! Can you share with me where you found the replacement part ? Also, to get to the transducer you have to remove the muffler ? Can you remove the transducer and the housing stays in place or is it all one unit ? My boat is in the water and i'm wondering do i have to pull it out of the water to replace it ?
You would have to pull the boat to change the transducer.

Jmajka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got the part from boats.net, it was 493.20 for my boat. You leave the housing in place remove the muffler. The screw on cap is safety wired to keep it from unscrewing. I was able to undo the safety wire remove the sensor and did the opposite to reinstall. I checked mine first in a bucket of water and held it at the surface. Turned on boat got a reading and than shut off boat and installed. the purpose was to make sure that was the issue. Hope this helps!

Maximilian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I got the part from boats.net, it was 493.20 for my boat. You leave the housing in place remove the muffler. The screw on cap is safety wired to keep it from unscrewing. I was able to undo the safety wire remove the sensor and did the opposite to reinstall. I checked mine first in a bucket of water and held it at the surface. Turned on boat got a reading and than shut off boat and installed. the purpose was to make sure that was the issue. Hope this helps!
Hello, I’m having same issue.. so you were able to remove the sensor and install new one without removing the housing? My boat is in moored in the water so I should b able to do this without taking my boat out of the water right? Thanks so much.

Tkoz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same here. Just got the crazy annoying beeping alarm this weekend. Feels like I have to reset every 2 minutes!
SO, replacing the transducer fixed it? The previous owner gave me a bunch of paperwork, one of which was an Airmar transducer owners manual... does anyone have this lit. with their boat? Is this Yamaha boat fitted with an Airmar or is one made for Yamaha by them and new PN generated so OEM can make more $$ to be a middle man? Help! I can't stand the beeping and I actually need the depth finder for around sandbars etc.

BTW. 2016 AR240

Rudy09

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same here. Just got the crazy annoying beeping alarm this weekend. Feels like I have to reset every 2 minutes!
SO, replacing the transducer fixed it? The previous owner gave me a bunch of paperwork, one of which was an Airmar transducer owners manual... does anyone have this lit. with their boat? Is this Yamaha boat fitted with an Airmar or is one made for Yamaha by them and new PN generated so OEM can make more $$ to be a middle man? Help! I can't stand the beeping and I actually need the depth finder for around sandbars etc.

BTW. 2016 AR240
Airmar makes the part for Yamaha; Yamaha has exclusive rights to the part which means Yamaha sells the part directly. I tried to get one directly from Airmar and they declined to sell it and referred me to Yamaha.

cyclops

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Last edited:

Tkoz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't thank you enough. I followed your instructions this weekend and it worked awesome! I knew there was an Airmar transducer that would work, and just need a different connector, I just couldn't figure out which one it was. Airmar would not cough up the details.

cyclops

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can't thank you enough. I followed your instructions this weekend and it worked awesome! I knew there was an Airmar transducer that would work, and just need a different connector, I just couldn't figure out which one it was. Airmar would not cough up the details.
Glad it’s helping people!