• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Depth finder always shows "0"

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The original owner of the boat noted that the depth gauge is always stuck on "0". I looked on the forums and I was wondering if there is anyone who might have a solution to this minor problem? For now I trust in my Garmin.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
do you still have the original transducer on the back? have you checked the wiring on the back of the display?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My opinion is that the factory depth gauge is junk. Either the transducer was broken or I broke it the day I bought the boat. I replaced it with the current version which had a temp and depth reading. That sometimes worked. I replaced the new one with a Raymarine Dragonfly that always works up to 30 MPH. Above that I use the charts for depth.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The original owner of the boat noted that the depth gauge is always stuck on "0". I looked on the forums and I was wondering if there is anyone who might have a solution to this minor problem? For now I trust in my Garmin.
Was the org owner boating in too shallow water.... LOL

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do remember reading a while ago that Several guys were having issues with theirs and simply replacing them. Knock on wood, but mines been working well so far. Have you contacted the manufacture? They might be able to trouble shoot it for you.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The manufacturer will offer a discounted replacement. They offered to help troubleshoot mine.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had to change get mine when I bought the boat... it would work sometimes and other times not..

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The manufacturer will offer a discounted replacement. They offered to help troubleshoot mine.
Thanks. It'll be okay...just bought a 190 FSH today, so no worries about the depth gauge anymore!

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I think he just left it on the trailer...Made a drag on the boat, but at least he didn't have to go back to park it.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's one way to solve the problem

Be sure to seal that new boat up

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would check the wiring to the transducer, the part under the cleanout hatch. On my 230 the factory had cut the transducer wires to slide them into the hole then but spliced them with crappy auto buttsplices. Bad work. Cam.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks for the information. Shouldn't be a problem any longer...picked up a '17 FSH last week. Can I delete a post?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is no need to delete the thread. Members can delete their posts, an admin is needed to delete a whole thread.

not2fast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where is the transducer located?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20180622_191702.jpg if you had an original transducer, it small rectangle about 2x3" maybe, screwed into a bracket probably with a hinge, this is my bracket, the transducer broker off,

not2fast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got it. Mine is still there. It was tilted up. I pushed it down and it snapped into place. I wonder if I hit something and it wouldn't give a reading with it in up position.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@not2fast Yes it's common for them to get knocked up out of the cradle by debris in the water. I noticed mine has become loose over the last 5+ years and it takes far less pressure now to pop up compared to new. I know where it is and can reach it with my arm to snap it back into place when I'm on the water. If we're heading back to shore, I just wait till we get back. I was hoping newer boats would have a better design to prevent this...